Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my second attempt at building a website. I have utilized what I have learned about CSS into the design of my new website. For the moment it is in a temporary location. I would appreciate any suggestions on what I can do to improve the site. I would also appreciate general advice for a beginner.
    Thanks,
    http://users.adelphia.net/~alleneestpope/

Member #
    Maybe it is just me.......but if something is called Break Box GRAPHICS. You should have some graphics on the site.
    Even clicking on the link "List of Services" link, provides no graphics.
    Don't get me wrong, there are many times when a simple design works....but with a site that has the word Graphics in it, you might expect more from it.
    Not that your site is bad, I think it just misses a bit with the name...but like I said, maybe it is just me.
    GMan

Member #
    I do see some empty space uder the lists.I will make the graphics asap. Thank you for the suggestion after looking at my site again.I realized that it does look sort of barren.

Member #
    I dont know... the design imo looks like a website for illegal downloads or something of that nature. Not very inviting.

the "2005 BreakBoxGraphics" at the bottom is left aligned in FF and looks fine (centered) in IE, the border colors are also different between Firefox and Internet Explorer, and some of the spacing differs between both.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by misterphotoshop
    the "2005 BreakBoxGraphics" at the bottom is left aligned in FF and looks fine (centered) in IE, the border colors are also different between Firefox and Internet Explorer, and some of the spacing differs between both.
    To add to misterphotoshop's suggestions the "List of Services" page falls appart in Firefox, and the "Contact" page is differnt width. Page does not validate either: http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...ope/index.html
    Also, very un-professional to have a @gmail contact address, you'll need to remedy that when you get a permanent server.

Member #
    Ok, I added the graphics on the list of services page. I also fixed the problem on the copy that didnt center on fire fox.I will work on coming up with a new header.I also looked at the list of services page on firefox and it looked fine to me.Also the reason that I cant fix some of the problems that the validator brings up, is because I dont know what they mean.for example "end tag for element "TD" which is not open".
    I have no idea what this means could someone help me understand the problems that the validator is bringing up.Also my html editor keeps complaining about unescaped tags.I do not know what this means.Does the site still look to plain? Also I will be getting a permanant web host in a week or two.Thank you to everyone who took the time to say somthing about my website.I really appreciate the input.It's helping me improve.

Remove Ads