Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I've started on a fansite for a very good game, and wanted some opinions on the design.

It uses JavaScript to only load content as needed, along with items in the subnav.

http://yurivish.com

Member #
    The design itself it very good, none of it clashes at all and I like the nav bar at the top.

There are a few annoyances though, firstly is is the size. There's no need to make it for 640x480 unless you really have to, only a tiny percentage of computers use it, the most common res now is 1024x768 and on that it looks a lot like a small box in the middle of nothing but a blue background.

The other thing is that the use of Javascript means that the back button doesn't work, which just annoying really.

Member #
    Yeah, I thought about the back button... Is there any way to make it work by using some javascript event handlers to detect when it's pressed?

And the size I dunno why I chose, I just liked having it small. I myself have a big monitor and still like the way it looks. Some sites are very small, e.g. http://www.seventytwo.co.uk/; I did it because I thought it looked good. I might be wrong though, do you think the size decreases the visual appeal?

Edit: Try clicking the logo for a nice surprise. (Greblin is a snowy planet)

Member #
    In regard to clicking the logo... I LIKE THAT! It doesn't take much to entertain me.

The size doesn't so much decrease the appeal, but (and I don't know if I'm alone on this) I do just think that if the space is there it should be used, at the very least to stop things being bunched together. The space doesn't look bad, just plain, maybe having a background might help?

Member #
    Good idea, I'll try and find a suitable background for the site. Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Remove Ads