Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: New Banner

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Ok tell me what you think of this new Banner, And the site also

www.tabgraphics.kevhosting.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I think you could lose the rotating star shaped thing on the front. It doesn't actually add anything to the site and is a distraction.

I'd like to see some consistency of design. The "Portfolio" page is rather pleasant with the sensitive use of the calm picture... the "Links" page, however, is very harsh and abrupt with far too much white. I think your site would look good if *every* page had a similar style to "Portfolio" with some sort of calm unobtrusive off-white background.

On the "Portfolio" page, I don't get along with the dramatic change in colour when you click on one of the pictures. Perhaps you could display the picture in a pop-up window rather than in the main panel?

As for the logo, that sort of thing is all rather subjective. It isn't, personally, exactly "my thing" so my only comment is that in some places the contrast could perhaps be increased... the word "Graphics" for instance is black on a rather dark grey... I could see folks with sight issues finding that somewhat difficult to read.

Sean

Member #
    ok

Member #
    Animation like that is no good. It doesnt help anything, it only distracts.

Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Color. The contrast of the banner is low. The text would stand out better if it were white with a black stroke on the outside. Repetition kinda sucks, there is a white background on the "resume" section (black everywhere else). The color is boring, but the alignment is fine.

You need Photoshop.

If you are advertising graphics... practice good design if you want customers.
    Nickhead
    musicpitt.net

Member #
    ok. I draw in illustrator not photoshop, Would love to see your port?

Member #
    There's WAY too much fading, the letters fade into their stroke which are on top of a black to white fading background. Below this are links which are also on fading backgrounds. It's just over the top. I'd agree with Nickhead about the lettering.

I like the cloud background, but be careful that it doesn't make any text you write more difficult to read than it has too.

Finally the bottom, I'm not sure if the links are necessary both at the top and the bottom, but thats your call. The arrows just confused me, at first I thought they were for looking at more pictures on the portfolio page, but they're all over the place and go to all different pages. If they're for generally navigating pages, I would get rid of them. If they're for navigating the portfolio then I'd only have them on that page and would include them in the main box (the one with the landscape) so as to indicate they're part of that page.

Member #
    did you mean to spell color wrong on your site.

Remove Ads