Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is a site for an ebay seller, I'd really appreciate some feedback on the design.

http://www.bustersbargains.co.uk/

Member #
    So there are navigation elements on the sides, yet I haven't really entered the site yet? Doesn't make much sense to me. Why not just jump right into it and skip the welcome page that serves absolutely no purpose.

Aside from that, the colors are nice and the content seems organized. Nice work there.

If you're using CSS for some stuff, why don't you use it for this stuff also:
    Code:
    <body topmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFF99" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0">
    Your markup would validate then.

Maybe tone down the alternating yellow on the product pages to fit the color scheme better.

By the way, Comic Sans looks aweful.

Overall it's good. It could just use a few things to polish it off in my opinion.

One a side note, I knew I shouldn't have clicked the button...

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'd like "Contact us" to actually tell me something about "Buster" rather than simply be a mailto:

Also, what if I'm on webmail? How am I going to contact you? You're not actually giving me an e-mail address... remember, I am a novice so I don't know that if I hover over the "Contact Us" I'll see it at the bottom of the screen... you always have to assume that the reader is as thick as two short planks when it comes to the web... but they still have money, so you want them onboard...

Sean

Member #
    Thanks a lot to both of you for the adver for the advice! I've changed a lot of it now based on what you suggested.

As for the front page I know essentially it's useless but it's needed so that it can be linked from ebay without them getting all pissy (you can't have adverts on a page linked from ebay).

Thanks a lot!

Member #
    The site has a layout that will appeal to the ebay buyer
    i think its a great job in knowing your client base.

Remove Ads