Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

so i decided to put together a portfolio site, after putting it off for about 90 years. it's still in it's beginning stages, and will be updated with A LOT more content shortly. anyways, it's hosted on angelfire right now, until i polish it up and add more useful content. anyways, this is what it will look like. this is my first actual site, so comments are appreciated.
    http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/graphdesignmark/index.htm
    oh, and who are some good web servers who supply a .com domain? i dont want to spend to much, as i'm not sure where i'm going to go with this, but i would like my own server so i can upload multiple website projects onto it, with a .com url. thanks.

Member #
    The site is oozing with style, very nice design. I would add some rollovers to the buttons and move the copyright text at the bottom up in your site box so that it doesn't look out of place.
    If you are asking about a reseller account (which I think you are)then there are many companies who offer what you need. I use Reseller Zoom. (hostingzoom)

Member #
    One point about accessibility, yellow background image is huge, it's half a Mb... takes several seconds even on fast DSL

Member #
    I changed the background image to a .gif...does it load any faster?

thanks for the compliment and the info remington

Member #
    Looks great, only thing I can suggest is to probably change the font for the content text. And also, the copyright text is hard to see.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Good sense of design. Like the colors and palm trees, etc. However:

1. The striped red border is much too wide in my IE 6.0. Suggest to minimize or eliminate.

2. The "intro" effect of shading that disappears is much too slow. Suggest to greatly speed up or eliminate.

3. In my experience, if somebody wants to hire you, they would be most impressed by simplicity and straght-forwardness. I.e., give them essentially an entire portfolio on the very first page. Additional pages only "if" they want to see specific details about specific abilities. Do not expect a prospective employer to waste one second of his time "seeking out" your capabilities. You've got just one shot to hit him on the head with what you've got, so just take your best shot on the Home page.

BTW--I am looking for jobs right now, so that's why I was attracted to this "portfolio" site. I appreciate the fact that you tell in the "subject" what this site is about! Other people please take note: do not say in the "subject": "Please review my new site." Tell us what your site is about! Then I can pick the subjects that interest me.

Well, just my little opinion.
    --Krystof :alien:

P.S. For a good-and-cheap website+URL, my host for several years http://zL6.net can set you up with a "personal" + URL for about $25/year. Also a nice guy, won't rip you. (His order processing seems to be out of order today, but should be fixed in 2 days.)

Member #
    Alright. Thanks for the feedback from everyone. I fixed the problem Krystof mentioned about how the background spanned out too far. The problem was, not that my background stretched too far, but the main picture was placed too far too the right. That should be fixed now, as all the content is centered. As for the shading effect, I think that's just the gif loading, as I didn't add any effects on to it. I think that can be solved by making the links change the text content other than reloading a whole nother page. I'm not sure how to do that yet, so i'm asking that in another thread. So yeah, once thats fixed, everything should be good to go.

Member #
    nice site, great nav and heading font - love the overall look and feel.

Two issues for me, huge blocks of text with no spacing and standand explorer / firefox scroll bars that dont fit in with the rest of the site.

still I like the site overall and the impression it gives the user is a positive one
    Design Industries
    http://www.di.net.au

Remove Ads