Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, i am new here
    Another sleepless night for me caused me to come up with a new design for the website that i never seem to get around to building.
    So, i want to get some constructive criticism on this.
    The colors are wrong on the design i am aware of that. I didn't really care about what colors to use, because i just wanted to experiment with the layout. Not sure if i will keep the rigit boxes either.

So, here's the design i am talking about
    http://earthbound-misfit.com/random/v4.jpg

I got two questions:
    What do you think of the flow? Is it good? Bad? Too hard to follow?
    Is this something that could work well with just CSS for that layout?
    What i plan is to have the whole design have a fixed with, 1000px i think. The header is of a fixed height, and so is the footer. I want the footer to always be at the bottom of the window, and the body, if it's too long, to be scrollable without pushing the footer down. That would be done with a scrollable div. I hope i am being clear.
    Thank you for reading this

Member #
    Well, as you pointed out the colors are off. So, obviously I would recommend changing them.
    I do like the layout. Easy on the eyes and everything has a place.
    I would also recommend in your "LinkPad" section, on maybe spacing the titles next to the pictures over one or two spaces (as they almost bleed into the picture).........making it difficult to read.
    Part of it also, could be the text is too small by trying to put 12 links into that small box. If you don't need all 12 in there, then I'd suggest getting rid of a couple and making the links a little bigger.
    Other than a few minor things, the layout looks good and everything has a place..........making it easy to nav.
    Good Luck.
    GMan

Member #
    thanks for your feedback!
    i will look into the linkbox, i haven't thought about it

this is sort of a follow up question
    I am looking to create my design to look like this page (only shows up righ in IE)
    http://www.earthbound-misfit.com/random/v4table.htm
    This is some ugly coding that doesn't work in firefox, but does work in IE. It uses tables, so i am defently not going to use it.
    Is this possible to implement in CSS alone? Note the scrollable middle area

Member #
    Ok, comments on your first post (your site layout thingy)

The layout looks good, easy to read though the colours are off (as you pointed out that there not final so no biggy), mayby a bigger white space between the links at the top and the main cream coloured bit of content. At the bottom mayby align the 'Recent Pictures' text to the right to match with the other text headers for those bottom boxes.
    Overall in my opinion good layout.

For your second post.
    You could just use CSS, For the scrollable content you could use a scrolling div.
    ----------
    Steve

Remove Ads