Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

For the past 2 months I have been racking my brain with possible site designs. I have been through about 6 different designs with no luck. Honestly I just think I am to hard on myself. I would love to get some input from my fellow peers, the link is www.webdmp.net. I appriciate constructive criticism, thanks guys.

Member #
    I think it looks good. The text should be bigger though. The sites design definitly says "command your industry". People looking for a strong and bold company will like this. Most companies don't have such an aggresive image, and there might be some oppurtinity in that.

I didn't listen to the sound. My speakers are still off from the last site here that I looked at that had sound.

On a side note, should you be a profesional webdesigner if designing gives you so much stress?
    Jason

Member #
    i like the layout and usually light text on dark is a bad idea because it hurts peoples eyes but it doesnt seem to bad
    maybe becasue i dont have to read the content
    the loading time seems to take forever but that could be me
    the portfolio is a link to a white page

on eproblem though is that i think we should no the function of your website sooner
    make it more thematic
    eg. if its about football put a picture of a football
    if its about nipples mention janet jacksons name...lol, you know what i mean
    the grafix are nice but dark,
    actaullt he page is too dark you are supposed to be providing a service you i think you should brighten it up
    make it more inviting and maybe put a mini screenshot of a page from your portfolio

and definitely the text is too small
    the small text look nice but you should balance readabilty with design

good luck

Member #
    One, you are right. You are too hard on yourself.
    Two, they are right. Your text is too small, especially in your links.
    I like the site, has an edgy technology feel to it and for a designer, you want something to stand out.
    As a developer, designer and former teacher, I always tell people that you want a potential customer to go to your site and say "I want my site to look as good as yours".........and I think you have done that.
    As a designer, I would like to say your graphic banner is a very nice job. Had me looking at it for several minutes.......but it doesn't get lost in the content.
    Also, have to give you some extra props for being a fellow Washingtonian.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Remove Ads