Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just launched a new site called RocketReferrals. The site provides a service that allows other Webmasters to add an 'email page to friend' feature to their Web sites.

Please check out the site and let me know if you "get it". Also, what do you think about the overall design and concept?

http://www.rocketreferrals.com

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    I get the concept, but not sure if people will be willing to pay for this type of service. If a site has dynamic content already, this should be a relatively simple addition to the programming.

As far as the design goes, it's not bad.

I found one error, though. When you link from your "Account Setup" page (which uses SSL) back to the other pages, you remain on the HTTPS protocol, and users are asked every time they switch pages if they "Want to display the non-secure items?"

You can easily fix this by making all of your links on your SSL pages absolute, meaning specify "http://www.rocketreferrals.com/faq.php" instead of just "faq.php" in the link.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Also, the "a service of WebProclaim, LLC" message in the banner (is that Comic Sans ?!?) looks awful. Try putting it at the bottom of the page in plain text.. arial 8 pt.

The banner is reserved for branding and tag lines.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I get the idea of the service but I think that the price is a bit steep. It's a good design, though.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'd have to say it is a bit steep as well. There are many sites that give this service away for nothing, and those of us who know anything about programming can easily set up a service such as this ourselves in no more than half an hour. It's nothing more than an extension of form-to-email, which there a ton of scripts available for.

You've also misspelled "genuinely" on your "Pricing Information" page.

As far as the layout goes, I'd also have to agree with what was said. I would, however, make the text a little bit darker. There isn't a lot of contrast between it and the background, which renders it somewhat hard to read.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I dont like the banner in the page. If you see that website in high resolution screen,that will look ugly(coz im not a fan of that).
    My suggestion:Align you main table to center of the page.
    Good design, though. but nobody gonna pay that money for your service,i think!
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

JR
    Member #
    nice site, cant be bothered to look what it is all about. Good work man :classic: i love that hand, looks great
    JR

Remove Ads