Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

At last, after many hard work, all-nighters and cups of coffee, I have nearly completed the site my design firm, RedNerve Solutions.

It is finished apart from the Client Login section and Site Validation (which I will do once I have completed it fully).

I welcome all comments on the site and any bugs / problems you find.

One more thing, I have not spell checked the site either yet (I'm in the process of doing it right now).

Well, that's it! Now for the URL:

www.rednerve.com

I look forward to your comments!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    The good...

1. design
    2. colour scheme
    3. typogroghy
    4. logo
    The not so good
    1. tables!? , thats so 1999.
    2. reflection, try a gradient reflection, translucent > background
    3. the diagonal lines at the top don't aligne properly, I guess its a repeating background image
    4. when I press the "click here" I don't go anywhere.
    -GeZe

Member #
    The layout looks professional.
    You give a brief description about RedNerve and what you can do for your customers on your homepage, which would give an instant impression of what RedNerve is and what you do to your visitors.

The only bad thing I can see is the grey text, which is hard too see on the white background.

Geze what’s wrong with tables?
    I believe if a website looks good and functions how it is meant to then it doesn't matter what method you use to script it as long as the site will be viewed the same in most browsers.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    So is this "IT" Will. Or is this just up until you change the name of your company for the hundredth time? lol

Just messing with you.. Looks very professional. I have enjoyed seeing you progress since you first came here. I still think you have a nack at creating corporate identites/logos, and such..

Fantastic job.

Member #
    Thanks everyone.

GeZe, I just noticed the lines, thanks for pointing that out I might use a gradient background and I'll link the image (whoops). However, I think I'll stick with tables, they may be old, but they work great for me and the site is cross-browser compatible, so I'm happy

Thanks peter!

Yeah, this one's "IT" glyakk I've been with the name for a long time now and I'm sticking with it. Thanks for the compliments!

Thanks again everyone, appreciate the comments!
    Rednerve

Member #
    what I ment about the gradient thing is that you have reflections of your text titles, and it looks off becuase the reflection is solid colour. Make a layer and put it above the reflection, in that layer make a gradient staring at the top going down with "transparent > background colour" thus you make the reflection look like its fading thus mroe realistic.
    -GeZe

Member #
    I knew what you meant
    Rednerve

Member #
    Ok, I've:

Darked the text a bit
    Made the lines run smoothly
    Linked the image to the quote select page

I decided not to go with the reflectino gradient as, after trying it, due to the reflection being so small, it really did make that much of a change!

Anything else you guys can suggest ?
    Rednerve

Member #
    - Make alt tags for your images.
    - The "Click Here" thing is sort of over taking your logo, maybe make it less prominate?

[subliminal_message] Review my site, thread "My Portfolio Design - codeblue" [/subliminal_message]
    - Are you really more then one person? becuase you keep using "we" "us"
    -GeZe

Member #
    I'm going to put alt tags on, yes, that'll be part of me making the site validate.

Yeah, I suppose it is perhaps a bit too prominent, might consider making it a bit less "in your face".

And yeah, I am more than one person. I work on this with my brother, he is kind of a partner in the company and his girlfriend also works with us too as she is a very good artist whilst my brother is excellent at design.

So, since there is more than one of us that work on the sites, I thought it would be best to use the plurals
    Rednerve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads