Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Had help with this and ima newbe so please any help will be hella cool.
    www.shadysfix.com

What can be better.. what can I change?

_http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y103/sweft/shadysfixFinalCutcopy.jpg

Member #
    Wow, I just figured this is the worn place for this!!!!.. or was it?

Member #
    Use a higher quality image, and give a breif explaination about what your site is about while it's under construction. It's a fansite? It's about records? It has a news team? I don't know what the site is about.

Well, there isn't a site there to critique, just a "Coming soon" sign. If you had an actual site, you'd get more replies. Maybe not the wrong place, but the wrong time.
    Jason

Member #
    Yeah, that's just something coded up real quick nothing special. And everyone who knows about the site is close to me..
    Did you see the design though?
    It's an eminem fan website.. Im friends with the webmasters of three other eminem fan websites. So it will be easy to promote.
    Thank You

Member #
    ahh, the name makes sense now. The only design I see is brown with tattered edges. That looks like the only permanent design element there. Since it is an eminem site, the design should have some connection to him.

What will the focus of the site be? I heard that eminem is retiring, and if that's true, then you might have trouble making new news. I'm guessing you'll be having lyrics, pictures, mp3s, and a small biography. I would suggest increasing the biography to include every single peice of information about him and his history that you can find. Make it similair to weezers recording history (http://www.weezer.com/info/recording/WeezRecHist1.htm), except include everything. Also include a forum. In weezer forums, the recording history acts as a reference during conversations, and interesting tidbits in it spark new conversation.

I'm wondering why your friends will be affiliates with you. Either you're stealing members from them, or you're generating members and they are stealing them from you. I use stealing loosely, and of course there will be the members who will be active across each of the sites. Anyways, there's alot more about that in other places here.

edit: I found the site I think the navigation is too hard to read. Overall I think it's too busy, if I was reading something I'd get a headache or something. I don't like that green color. I like the pictures and the dirty look. It looks too dramatic though. Although eminem is serious, he presents things more fun than that. Overall the site looks just fine.
    Jason

Member #
    Thank-You for that. I will include a forum as well along with other things. The nav menu I am changing. About the new's with Eminem retiring those rumors were fulse. At Anger Management tour in San Jose and Washington he stated to the whole crowd that that was not tru.. the day he will quite is when there isnt a full moon.. than mooned the crowd. Or something like that.. but yeah, it's all false..

Meny eminem forums have the same people.. Some of them dont goto like, d12 world.. or dashadybord.. and there are alot to name.. but some goto all..
    It's crazy like that..
    Im going to make a flash navigation but just use this to get this up.. Small change will get added later..

Thank You Jason.

Shadysfix.com

Member #
    sounds good then. I forgot to mention that, just like there are forums for webdesign like this one, there are also forums for forums (lol) that have alot of good resources and advice for running a sucsessfull forum. so go check some of those out too.
    Jason

Remove Ads