Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi, I've done the following design for a person I know:
    http://www.exyt-web.com/bling

Any feedback would be great - loading times, design, layout, things to be added etc.

Currently none of the links work because I want to get the design right before I add anything to it.

TIA, ro88o

Member #
    I think it looks realy good. I like how the horizontal part of the navigation connects with the bar when you rollover it. The verticle naviagition does that too.

I don't think advertisements needs to be shortened, and I think that's a bad place for the advertisement as far as design goes. There are some forums for people who run forums who have alot of information about ad placement in a page (including non-forum pages) for optimal clickage and money making and stuff. I think this site here has some information on that too.

In the introductary page, the customer might be confused with north east, you should say north east U.S. or something instead. I don't like how the sister company bit is stuck in there. 15 years isn't particularly impressive. "we can source this for you" is confusing sounding. make "forum" an underlined link, to encourage them actualy going there.

good site. I think the design is done and your ready to finish the site
    Jason

Member #
    Thanks for the tips Jason, do you have any links to these forums about advert placement please ?

Anyone else have any opinions on the site ?

TIA, ro88o

Member #
    hmm, I can't find any of them. It was linked to somewhere here. The thread was about how someone did a few tests to see how their own website reacted to different ad placements. One of the things was about how adding a related logo ontop of the ad will increase it's clicks.
    Jason

Remove Ads