Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Let me first say thanks. We are a professional web site design firm, so we are looking for anything we may miss, and ideas to make our sites even better. We realize the best products come from coroborations such as this.

site is www.imageworksstudio.com

THe site works extremely well for SEO and CTR and looks pretty nice, my problem is laggy rollovers, and slow load pages. It is a HUGE site...over 12k pages...but i dont see how that affects indvidual loads.

We probally will not consider erdcuing any grpahics, so....

I will offer a very nice reward for the best advice, as I will for each site I post. Please send your sugestions and feedback to bfrench@imageworksstudio.com (my web master) or post them here.

I really appreciate it, and if anyone needs help with any marketing or design issues...drop me an email!

Member #
    Hi,

You have a great looking site. But I am afraid the coding greatly outweighs the content. As far as SEO is concerned, I have to tell you, the use of DHTML, Javascript, and flash will play a weak card in your game.

I reviewed your code, and you don't have any meta tags in the header. You may want to add at least a description and keyword meta.

I disabled my javascript on my FF and it kills your top nav.

There are few other tidbits to consider, but I'll let you digest what I've said so far.

Good Luck!
    Best,

Ritchie
    High Five Guy You Deserve It
    Cubeshark Web Media|Design.Development.Marketing

Member #
    I would say individual load times are too long, especially for the landing page. The landing page must be faster loading than content pages as its purpose is to lead users into the site. People will wait to see valuable information, but you must be fast to communicate that value through the landing page.

Your landing page is over 500k, while a good standard is 100k or less.
    Your images need a lot more optimization. There is 150k in images alone, which shouldn't be if you have good image optimization.

Banned
    Member #
    very slow loading page, you should lay off the flash, only 12 k it shouldnt take that long to load on broadband ! think its more then 12k heavy graphics & DHTML makes it harder to load.

just remembered their is that engain that speeds up your php, its slow also you might be mixing to many unwanted scripts :classic:

Member #
    Intrerstign and thanks.

I will check into the image opt. although I am certain my guys have optimized the iamges for best use.

Not willign ot mess with the flash to much, with BB most clients wil lwait for the load, and the comments are just to favorabel to change. I would have to stop the water, which i cant do. IF any flash expert wants to look at the fla build, that would be fine. I keep thinking it may be a conflict of some sort.

The DHTML is intersting, can you plz explain why this might cause havoc.

AS far as SEO...this site rank higher than any in the industry in our area. Flash wont hurt you, as long as the whole site isnt in FLASH...its jsut an iamge. With over 12,000 pages, 500 Google seen links and over 85 first plave rankigns, I am not concernedwith SEO...jsut the loading between pages, and other tweaks...

Soembody always has a better idea for performance...so I welcome more input...feel free to talk ot our developer brian at 703 9686767 ext 27 or bfrench@imageworksstudio.com

Member #
    yes i know i canttype.

Remove Ads