Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm somewhat of a newby when it comes to web authoring. I'm more into graphic design, but my profession is a musician. For the last 3 months I've been teaching myself how to make our own site and I was wondering if I could get some opinions on it and what I can do to have it reflect our band's music even better.

Have I missed anything or is it all wrong. I'm just too subjective to be objective (funny that).

Thanks in advance

OUR SITE

Tommy from Mission Bell

Member #
    the intro page is unnececary. and on the site, all of the text needs to be bigger.

I would change the navigation to: Home, Discography, Store, Tour, Band Bios, Site information, subscribe to newsletter. and then you can put "poems" somewhere in there too.

The discography will have a picture of the album art, a list of it's songs, and next to each song title there will be a link that says "lyrics" and then another one that says "download". At the bottom of the page you can put the link to credits, and another link to thanx.

in my opinion, guestbooks are tacky. So I don't think you should have one . I also think that the site is too small to need a search feature.

I would replace that paragraph on the main page with updates from the band. alot of homepages do this. have the date as a header on one line, have who the message is by in a normal font on the next line, and then below have the message. That will help give the visitors a connection to the band.

Visualy the site looks good.
    Jason

Member #
    I don't like the drop-down nav, it's not intuitive, and it moves. Keep it the way it is on the home page.

I agree with Jasoncw in that the intro page is unnecessary.

Regarding the guest book, I'm not so adamantly opposed, though it bothers me that it's rendered in a completely different style and color scheme than the rest of the site.

I also think there are too many links.

And my last comment will be about prioritizing: arrange your links, whether as a nav bar or as a drop down, in the order you think people may want or expect them. In other words, probably (and I may be wrong) more people would be interested in free mp3s than they are in say, the credits. Just something to think about.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    oh, I never even noticed the drop down menu you should make it more noticeable.

It's also important to keep your pages standardized. have the same navigation on all of the pages.

I think the intro page to the other pages like photos is unnececary too. Although they are cool looking, they just get in the way of what the visitor wants to find.
    Jason

Member #
    Maybe a little line about why the website exists, if you just surfed in it's kinda hard to determine the site's purpose immediately.

Remove Ads