Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: respect me site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

yo check out me website tell us what youse think
    tell us any bugs
    any feed back is good
    sledging is welcome.

http://www.2minnoodle.net

Im also designing this website at the moment for my mate
    we need some quality feedback, Its not finished but its getting there.
    Paddymelon.net
    :chinese: :bandit:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Wow... that's got to be the oddest site layout I've ever seen. Very interesting though !!! It definitely doesn't follow any conventional school of design. Here are my thoughts:
    • The splash page is interesting enough, but it looks like the splash page of every popup flash site I've ever seen (see 2advanced.com). Besides that, it's still a splash page, which means it's functionless. Also, it doesn't follow the theme of the rest of your site.
    • The main page is divided into framesets? And it looks like you have an iFrame in there too? If you're using an iFrame, there's no need for you to have the external frameset. You should find a way to slice up the images you're using and put them into a table.
    • The grid should be created as a background image. It will look better and take less bandwidth. Right now it doesn't line up because it's spanning frames.
    • The content window (iframe) should be bigger.
    • The text in your content window should be bigger and higher contrast (try a white background).
    • Where did the color blue come from? You have a consistently warm color scheme, then you introduce this baby blue into the mix. I don't get it. Why not use the beige from your splash page? Then you'd have a tie between the splash and main pages, too.
    • Navigation buttons are impossible to read.. make them bigger.
    • You have floating icons in the main content area that don't fit the rest of the graphic theme. Everything else is photographic or semi-realistic illustration. Stick with that for consistency.
    • The "features" and "2 cents" pages have a totally different layout... I think you should stick to one of them... It looks like 3 different websites to me.

There are more little ones, but those are most of the major points... work on them and come back. Then we'll fine tune it.

Member #
    Cool artwork on the splash page but: splash pages are unneccesary, and the image tiles (repeats) on large resolutions.

Also, I'm not sure what resolution the main page was designed for, but it looks pretty spread out on 1280x1024. I think I can see what you are trying to accomplish, but things just aren't lining up. When I brought my resolution down to 800x600, I was unable to scroll down the page. This is on WinXP, IE6.

As far as paddymelon goes, it looks better, but it also doesn't look like it scales up to a higher resolution well. The bar above the news section doesn't go all the way across. Also, the left aligned banner looks odd, try centering it.

Member #
    wow **** yeah i might do some of those changes thanks for the advice, ok so whats a iframe and the only reason that the images arnt set as backgrounds is that it stuffs up ,when you change the resolution
    and im having trouble setting up the resolution for 800x600, i tried getting rid of the frames and tried tables, but i was going for the not lining up of the images ,i was trying to get that effect.
    yeah i know the 2cents bit is different to the rest hey, yeah its a problem , hmm what to do
    ill try and make it look like the rest of the site
    but i kind of like the features section
    SO splash pages aint a good idea huh?
    damn i might have to do somethin to that.
    he he i feel so depressed now he he
    oh well thanks anyway, i didnt really notice some of those problems

Member #
    heheh yeah, you gotta follow the basic rules of CRAP(from some book i cant remember)
    Contrast (Make sure the colours work well together, but also stand out from each other a bit)
    Repetition (all pages should have the same theme)
    Alignment (if one page has left justified text, all pages should have left justified text)
    Proximity (Keep the related stuff together)

of course, i am a total non-designer, so take everything i say with a grain of salt...

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    'Ey mon, I be checkin' jah website styles an' dey be lookin' pretty jammin' when I light de ganja flame, mon!

(I truly am The Ontario Cracker That Just Keeps Gettin' Blacker.)

I have to say I like the CRAP philosophy. It's how I tend to look at design (although not quite with that acronym).

As far as your site is concerned, I like it overall, but I also find the splash page totally useless (and bizarre). I would also make either make the IFrame about 3 times as large both ways, since it's the part that displays your primary content, or get rid of it entirely and replace it with a table. There's no point putting large volumes of text in a space that barely fits 5% of it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    It took me while to find the way in your site. Nice artwork!
    But i cant see the word in the navigation bar,its too small.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    yeah i know navigation is a reucurring problem
    so you cant see the buttons at all
    ?
    maybe its in the -->view menu
    --> text size and make it smaller
    i dont know
    he he
    thanks for the comments by the way
    yeah ill see what i can do

Member #
    Thanks for all the hits
    i made google
    hell yeah
    google this: 2minnoodle
    So stoked hey.

:cheeky:

Member #
    You come up first (and alone) on Yahoo, but for some reason Google didn't return your site for me, I just did a search.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads