Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

I thought you guys could give me some tips with my site[s].

The first is my personal site I use to advertise myself so I can get jobs doing webdesign :P

MSQUARED Designs

The second is a business I run with another Magician, we like to bring magicians one of the best forums to talk about magic, but unfortunatly the forums crashed (but are now back up)

http://www.magicformagicians.info

I have also designed a few other sites, which can be viewed in my portfolio (the first site).

Thanks,

Member #
    Deep Trouble

I like the colors, but you have a few problems.

Your site lacks any type of navigation besides a back button. Navigation is the key to a good website.

Also, you lack a way for people to contact you. If the site is for business then how are you supposed to make sales?

A domain name might also help.

What city are you in?

Hope I helped and remember, if you wanted us to lie to you, then you shouldn't ask our opinion

Sincerely

Member #
    Hey Thanks for the comments, I took some of them and applied them to the site, I re-designed most of the pages, and the overall look today. Check it out --

http://matt.magicformagicians.info

as for a domain name, trust me I have been looking into it, but it seems that all the good ones are taken (that relate to my site of course).

Thanks again,

Member #
    http://matt.magicformagicians.info

Nice looking site. Here are a few pointers that may help you take it further.

What did you use to create the site? MS Word, Frontpage?

The site takes a while to load because it's suffering from code bloat. Probably caused by what you've used to create the site. This could be sorted out with manual editing of it.

The styles file is embedded onto the page. It will load fast if you have this as a separate file and bring in by linking to it. It will then cache and not need loading into every page.

The styles are typically Microsoft. I'd spend some time recoding the style to W3C specification rather than the Microsoft proprietority ones. It's then more likely to be compatible with other browsers and also load faster.
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    Hey guys,

I updated my site, and added some flash, I was wanting to hear (or actually read) some of your comments on it. here it is --

http://m2.magicformagicians.info

Thanks,

Member #
    BUMP -- please review my site.

Member #
    Well everything that ahkar1 said!

Your rollovers aren't preloaded so they take time to load which on a slower connection would seem forever and might not even rollover before being clicked.

The other thing is layout, on your homepage you have the navigation at the top then the logo (company name) next to the content followed by the footer, but this isn't consistent with the rest of the page and the links are different which is very confusing.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Well heres my personal opinion. I like the magicformagicians site, the logo is very swish and streamlined although you've went a little crazy with the fonts I like the perspective angle thing on the card a lot. The top of the first page as you go into the site looks totally disjointed from the bottom of the site. Banners by conveention go at the bottom and top of pages if you break that convention people are going to just be confused as it differs from the norm. Its even worse because it flashes differnt images. From the banner downwards I think you need to do a bit of reorganisation if you want it to work better. I'm not going to comment on the rest of the site because there is just far too much to say. You have no sense of unity anywhere in the site, you need to develop a consistent form of navigation and a solid standard layout.

The best part of your sit eluckily is the forums, they are excellent I don't know if its a default template or what but its very crisp and very readable. Shame you've not used the logo from your homepage.

As for your homesite, again it seems very disjointed and could benefit from some solid navigation and layout and less flickering images.
    www.appletv.co.uk

Remove Ads