Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: site tips

Banned
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys, I made the site http://www.cstrike-fortress.com?id=2
    (I added id=2 to the end because i have a counter keeping tracks on how many hits I am getting from forums)
    Anyone got some tips on how i can improve the looks of my site? I kinda think it needs some fixing :cry:

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    My biggest comment is the colors... get rid of the black background, or add a white (or light colored) layer (table, div, etc) on top of it to put your content on to.

Then, make all your text dark colored (black preferably).

Reason being, inverted text (white on black bg) is hard as all hell to read, and most people just don't bother. You have a content site, which means that you have lots to read... so the color scheme you're choosing isn't appropriate.

I'd really like to see it all on white BG with blue links and blue borders around all nav items (similar to the survey questions on the right).

Also, add a header for the survey questions that identifies them so people don't think they're navigation.

Personally, I'd remove all the graphic headers altogether and stick with the headers you're using for your content in the middle (colored cell with bold italic header in white).

Also, get rid of the double-border look on the survey questions on the right. You can do this by eliminating cellspacing.

Member #
    I don't like the BRIGHT blue bars. I find that annoying. Transio is right about the text too. I think there should be a border around the menus, otherwise the text gets that 'out there' look.
    -Taylor Fate

Member #
    I agree with what's been said. The blue bars stand out, and I think they make your text hard to read, along w/ the black bg. Also, you have two different sized banners right underneath each other, which looks odd and is confusing.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Cmaster,

At your request, I've made some mods to the header file for your site... I attached an HTML version of it to this thread so everyone can get a look at it and give you (and me) their opinions.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Not quite what I was thinking, but not bad... Definite improvement on the look.

Remove Ads