Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there.

It will be coded all XHTML 1.1 or 1.0 Strict and CSS , even the MIME type "application/xhtml+xml" will be served.

I'm about to finish this layout, and I'd love to get opinions on it.
    Questions:

• Is the layout too similar to any other layout you've seen?
    • Is the layout appealing?
    • What would you change on it, if anything? Be specific, please!
    • General praise of my fantastic skills.
    The new layout will be at www.haf.se. Be sure to check it out when it's online. (You could also check the current page out, it's kinda nice)

Image 1
    Image 2

Member #
    Thanks Eddy
    Well, it depends of course. The first draft (the first image) took me approx. 4 hours. Then I went onto writing the markup. The markup took approx. 1.5 hours.

When the markup was done I did some CSS, modelled after the first draft. That took perhaps 3 hours - css for obvious reasons slower than Photoshop but I think I've gotten over the first hard part, those being absolute relatives, sprites, faux columns, floats, floats in containers (clearers) and finally the IE bugs, so it goes kinda fast for me now.

Till now I have spent 4 hours plus today (11 am to 18 pm) on the layout. It's coded in xhtml and css now, but there are some minor things I need to fix as well as fix the dynamic side of it - making the site usable. (You'll have to wait till I got it wired up in ASP.Net to see it though )

-

When I try to be creative I usually visit sites I like. Stock photography is also great. I do lots of rough scetches on paper to get the ideas down on paper. When I've come to a conclusion about what I want the layout to look like (the main lines of it) and what I want to be prominent on the pages I start doing the photoshop image of the layout.

Yesterday I got the question whether I started with the css, but I don't. First I do the markup, because that's so simple, and you get some structure. Then photoshop, then I need comments on the layout - like now, and then I create the layout itself. (one page only). Lastly I do the back-end. The reason I don't do the back end first, like its name implies, is because I think it's a lot more fun to design.

Member #
    Looks very nice, very proffesional!

Bra svensk Design

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads