Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi everyone, i was hoping i could get some tips and advice.
    i have an online store, this is the first time i have really designed anything other then just really simple webpages when i was younger. The Site looks ok to me but when i use web ceo to optimize my pages it list off tons of things that i need to change. the biggest thing is that it says i have no visible words on the page and i do, but i cant figure out why its not seeing them. so i anyone wants to look at the page and give me some feedback i would so appreciate it.

thanks so much

www.enchantedlingerieonline.com

Member #
    Nice and simple.

The navigation is consistent, follows same styles and so on.

Tech note, you are missing a DOCTYPE at the start of your code.

view your site validated

Once you fix the DOCTYPE, that normally fixes most of the validation issues.

The content? the images are good quality i would say!

* edit

Another tech note.

In your code you use the <font></font> tags. Still supported mainbly but try and move onto divs.

Also your three column design could be achieved with CSS instead of tables.

This could in turn lead to faster load times.

Member #
    thank you so much.

i appreciate you looking at the site

Member #
    Your Site is looking good

Member #
    I'd advise some padding and maybe a background color for each separate area. It's hard to see where one part starts and the other ends. Otherwise, it's a good start!

Member #
    I'd cut down on the copy on the front page, and jazz up the header. Perhaps have some of those pictures you've got "below the fold" next to it... it's not so nice having a big chunk of text in the middle of your view, when your site is aimed at selling things that are very aesthetic.

The tables: Personally I can't stand that raised border look, it's just too chunky. Also where you've negletcted to colour the border looks a bit strange too (pink with grey border?)

Also, whats with the big space between the bottom of the header and the top of the content to the right? The copy and the box could be shifted up a bit to get rid of that whitespace. Don't get my wrong, whitespace is a good thing but its just a rectangular void at the moment which does little to the design.

Also, whatever you're using to format the heading text doesn't work in FF... the font is coming up as default. I'd fix that by using CSS instead of the <font> tag.

My recommendation would be to re-do the top of the homepage, make some images feature in the above-the-fold area with the copy.

I'd also re-write the copy to be more precise and less fragmented. It seems a little over punctuated at the moment. Lots of very short sentances. It messes with the pace. Makes it slow. (if you see what I mean?) Language pointers: don't use words like "cheap", "as possible". It's not "cheap" it's "inexpensive" When people see the word cheap they think bad quality (not always the case, of course, but thats how peoples minds work) "We will be adding more in the coming months." - why not say somthing like "Our range is constantly growing, so check back often".. that way you remove the need for the slightly half hearted "So be sure to keep checking back. " at the end, and reminding that things are coming "soon". Most people will think "soon" isn't soon enough, and they'll navigate away never to visit again (obviously its not finished). Avoid things like that.

The bold words are good, particularly for search engines (I'm sure you had that in mind). You might consider highlighting other keywords with other methods, like alt image attributes, italic text, heading text...
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    thanks everyone for the your feedback and time.

goldfish, thanks alot for the feedback is so helpfull.
    i really appreciate it.

Member #
    Hehe, now my not-so-helpful feedback:
    you can see how this photo has been edited:
    http://www.enchantedlingerieonline.com/images/2867.jpg
    with either the smudge tool or the blur tool to cover up something you guys didn't like on her legs
    perhaps you should make it harder to spot retouch...

well other than that: the usual.
    no underlined headings,
    darken the text a little
    add some padding/margin to the paragraphs
    try something else than the thick border you now got on your menue tables.
    the main paragraph + heading on the startpage - it feels like they're to accented - too sharp on the eyes.

technical comments:
    don't use tables
    you're using depreciated elements such as <font>
    etc...

edit: as you may understand, I don't read other people's comments before posting

Member #
    This site was nicely done and looks great!! Everything is very well organized and easy to do! I love what you have done w/ this site!

Member #
    im going to be switching to css in the near future. im just learning how to do it, so its going to take me a little while to learn.
    again i love the feedback thanks to all.
    its so appreciated

Remove Ads