Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.goldfishsbowl.co.uk/

It's just a personal blog, but I rather like my design. Just wanted to know what other web designers might think.
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    looks good
    Jason

Member #
    First, let me say that I found your blog interesting. I actually read through all of it.
    Nowadays, everyone has a blog.........and lets face it, 90% of the time it is just self indulging crap. Your's was nothing like that. Which made it one of the 10% of the blogs out there that was actually pretty decent.
    As for the design, I think the layout is good.
    The only content issue I would comment on is one that I see a lot of people make. The need to say your site was down for 3 months (1st issue) and then to say it was because you were switching ISPs (2nd issue).
    You don't need to put "the site was down for 3 months". I think it takes a little bit away from the fact that it is up and it is current. Say something like "after switching ISPs I have improved the site as well". Also, it doesn't take 3 months to switch ISPs, so why say it? I am sure it is just me, but I always question why a site is down so long and then has some reason (switching ISPs) that doesn't make sense.
    On your banner, I like the use of gradient color......it gives it a water or fish bowl effect that you were probably going for.
    The font is probably the issue. You leave so much room open in the banner.......and with the effect of trying to look like water, that is ok. I just think the font could probably use a makeover. Maybe look at a smaller point and a bit bolder. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just seems to be missing something and isn't jumping out with that wow factor. I'd also probably go with "Bowl" vs "bowl".
    But again, maybe it is just me. I just think the font is not "doing it" for the site.
    Overall, those are small, small issues. The important thing is the site has some value, it looks good, you like it and your fellow designers like it.
    Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks for the comments The font in the banner has always been an issue, and the current one is a bit of a compromise. I wanted somthing roundy that reflects the fact its a bowl, and somthing sans-serif to make it minimalistic as possible. I'll work on it

Thanks again for the feedback.
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Remove Ads