Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

:chinese:

Member #
    very cool, absolutely love the style. i'm trying to learn how to load html files into seperate frames like you're doing on your site. good rollover effects on the menu too. navigation is easy, and clean. great job.

Member #
    I find that the site takes ages to load! Maybe try to cut back on the amount of images the site uses....

Member #
    It's a very cohesive site with a consistent look and feel. Well done. I like the details like the homemade bullets and fancy font.

Scotch tape works, check out the portfolio feels like it should be a link.

CBStudio is currently one guy, his name is Cody Brend, why don't you say that?

And my only question... what's with the three graphics on the homepage?

Good luck finishing up.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Personally I can't stand mouseover scroll buttons, but that's just me. I'd prefer a click-drag method.

In the about page you repeat "Right now he is". Possibly rephrase one of those sentences? Probably doesn't bug most people but it bugs me!

On your form, you have a choice between Website, Print and "Digital". Digital is a little ambiguous, and you've not elaborated on it anywhere else on the site, other than a heading "Digital Art".

Also, you might want to give your background a CSS colour value to show before the background is loaded. Just to make the transition a little smoother.

Those are my opinions
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    double check your meta keywords and description. I don't think that description (in the keywords) is a good choice of words.

Those graphics look like affiliate banners to me. I think they're nice graphics, but I think they are unprofesional, because I associate them with anime, computer game, and graphics sites, which do alot of "affiliating". Since your site is a personal portfolio, I don't see the use of them anyways, but maybe you could toss them into your portfolio.

I assume you'll be directing possible employers to your site. If so, then what you write when you update should be less casual. The contact page should have real contact information. probably shouldn't have aim on there since that doesn't give a great impression.

I'd change the about page to a resume page, although I'm not sure what employers care about more, the portfolio or the resume, or if they care about both. I noticed there is a link to your upcoming resume at the bottom of the page, but if it's labeled in the main navigation then they won't have to look for it.

Since I read that the "company" is only one person, reading everything written in the third person is kinda funny . I would change the site to focus on you, since that company doesn't realy exist, and even if it did you're the only one in it.

I don't like how the page makes the scrollbar. make it shorter or something so that it doesn't happen. maybe you could put the copyright notice as part of the graphic, and you could get rid of the "check out the portfolio" (since that's the reason they're there in the first place).

The javascript scroller might be a problem for people without it. Also, on some pages, the way that the thumbnails are lined up it doesn't look like there is anything more on the page.

remember that the website acts as your resume, so keep that in mind while making it.

well, that's every single little thing I could think of, hope I'm useful and good luck!
    Jason

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasoncw
    double check your meta keywords and description. I don't think that description (in the keywords) is a good choice of words.

Those graphics look like affiliate banners to me. I think they're nice graphics, but I think they are unprofesional, because I associate them with anime, computer game, and graphics sites, which do alot of "affiliating". Since your site is a personal portfolio, I don't see the use of them anyways, but maybe you could toss them into your portfolio.

I assume you'll be directing possible employers to your site. If so, then what you write when you update should be less casual. The contact page should have real contact information. probably shouldn't have aim on there since that doesn't give a great impression.

I'd change the about page to a resume page, although I'm not sure what employers care about more, the portfolio or the resume, or if they care about both. I noticed there is a link to your upcoming resume at the bottom of the page, but if it's labeled in the main navigation then they won't have to look for it.

Since I read that the "company" is only one person, reading everything written in the third person is kinda funny . I would change the site to focus on you, since that company doesn't realy exist, and even if it did you're the only one in it.

I don't like how the page makes the scrollbar. make it shorter or something so that it doesn't happen. maybe you could put the copyright notice as part of the graphic, and you could get rid of the "check out the portfolio" (since that's the reason they're there in the first place).

The javascript scroller might be a problem for people without it. Also, on some pages, the way that the thumbnails are lined up it doesn't look like there is anything more on the page.

remember that the website acts as your resume, so keep that in mind while making it.

well, that's every single little thing I could think of, hope I'm useful and good luck!
    Thanks for all the advice. I'll take it all into consideration as i work on it further. but maybe i should have made it clear that this isn't really a site for potential employers. Someday it will be but not now. right now it's just a site i made mainly for myself to just test my skills and show off to fellow graphic designers.

and thanks to everyone for the praise. it means alot seeing as how I've only been at this for a couple of years.

Remove Ads