Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i've been doing a lot of different designs for my portfolio, not necessarily to have a bunch, but to sharpen my web and graphic design skills. please leave some feedback on my latest design. thanks a lot.

http://www.angelfire.com/emo2/markoh/

Member #
    The design is straight-forward. I prefer the last 2 more because this one is too plain graphically when you have all that talent.

When using Georgia or other serif fonts they should be at a larger size; right now it's quite difficult to read.

I've noticed you use the scan lines for backgrounds very frequently. To sharpen your skills you should try something new. Don't ask me what exactly, I'm just throwing out general ideas.

Member #
    I see you got a lot of inspiration from apple :]

Member #
    hah, yeah. i actually just went with the whole ipod type theme. i was up all night doing pictures for the website i work for, and decided to throw it together. it took about an hour or less from start to finish, but i like the design.

thanks for the comments

Member #
    Not to sound mean, but I do not think you will attract many a professional client with this site. The tone is too familiar, it's laden with typographical errors, and it's hard to read (as Eddy already mentioned).

Suggestions...
    - Don't tell people how young/beginner you are or they will automatically not trust your abilities. Also, no need to describe your style, people can see it.
    - Do not point out what you haven't done, or say you do not have enough time to do something correctly (see samples page). And to be honest, I am not seeing a sufficient amount of diversity to actually use that word.
    - Contact, use a form.
    - Other, okay.
    - Grammar: Capitalize your I's. The word is et cetera, commonly used as an abbreviation, etc.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    thanks for the suggestions. i'll put 'em to use, but does anyone know how i can change the color of the scrollbars in my iframe? i want to make the text bigger, but that will put scrollbars on the page, and they look out of place.

Remove Ads