Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Web Design Firm

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

A great Web Design Company, check it out

JD Designs - http://j-ddesigns.com

I wanted to submit my web design firm's web site to see what everyone thought!
    Jeff

JD Designs
    http://j-ddesigns.com

Member #
    - You do not have sufficient space for your content. On at least two pages (including the home page) your text is cut off by the bottom graphic.

- I like the opening splash, though it moves slowly. Especially like the option of not watching the whole thing.

- Photos of the hands are very nice, I did not see any photo credits though, so should I assume they are originals?

- I am not feeling the drop shadows, but that's a personal preference.

- I am not understanding the (what looks like) track marks on your logo, you'd be fine without them.

- Good job with the label of the page being in the nav but not active, only problem is it's a little awkward. I would put it higher, instead of lower.

- Nice layout, good color scheme.

Bunch of minor things and personal opinions, that's all I can deliver.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    - The hands look way too crisp/chopped up, maybe try a feather when cutting them out.

- Contact form is a must. (this can show potential clients you know a thing or two about validation/form styling/and some sort of backend language

Member #
    I don't think the photos are an issue for copyright, I have the same ones in a royalty free stock photo collection.
    The two things I have, are:
    1) The logo. The logo should be more prominent on the front page, and I too do not understand the track mark thing going on there. Plus, the rest of the logo text looks grainy/pixelated.
    2) When you are on the other pages, there is no clear way to get back to the home page. I did figure it out, but only after moving the mouse around. You should make it easy for a customer to nav. I understand you can hit back on the browser or move the mouse around, but why take a chance of loosing a customer.
    Anyway, pretty decent site........good luck.
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks for the replies, I will work on adjusting based on your feedback. What browser are you viewing it from when it cuts off text? Firefox?

Not sure why that is happening, I am using CSS layout -

The photos were out there for free - I altered them to fit my uses, no copyright issues. Thanks for the concern, though.

I have been struggling with that link back to the Homepage - any suggestions on how to fix it? What if I simply made the larger icon the link back to the home?

Jeff
    Jeff

JD Designs

Member #
    Firefox.

How to fix the link to the homepage? Either make it a link in your nav or use your logo.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Updated

Thanks for the comments - I've been working on fixing all of the bugs everyone pointed out. Thanks so much.

I downloaded Firefox in order to verify everything acts right in Firefox as well.

Thanks for the input everyone...any more feedback is still appreciated.
    Jeff

JD Designs

Member #
    I like the human touch you sprinkled through it! I like the design. Some comments. Throw any/all out.

I like the hands at the bottom-right, but they are way to obvious and in your face (as someone suggested). An idea would be to change the hands image for each content page. Makes the whole site more lively.

The "Experience at hand" font looks out of place. All the way through you're using sans serif fonts, even in your logo, and then this sticks out. Maybe a serifed font is needed, so maybe try one with more subtle serifs?

There is no link back to home.htm.

Maybe increase the line-height a bit? Space out the lines a bit more to get better legibility and a cool effect. Space sells!

The services and about us pages use different font weights. They need to be consistent.

The services page needs more spacing at the top and bottom. Right now it's squished up to fill the box.

The contact us page is inconsistent: you have labels like "phone" and "fax", but you miss out labels like "email" and "location". The form labels should really be lower case too to make it all consistent.

There is a heading for the contact page "Contact Us Today!", but none of the other pages have a heading. Take out the contact page heading IMHO.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Is this a professional company?

First main problem is that with my Google bar on my browser cuts off the bottom of the page where the enter link is and since the page doesn't allow scroll bars smaller resolutions may have a problem.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Another Update - Y'all are great!

OK, Again, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I believe I have fixed all of what people told me was wrong with the site. Further, I updated the Portfolio and Clients pages. I also took off the disabling of scrolling. Now, you should all be able to move into it without issues.

My next fix will be to create a new (shorter!) splash page. Sorry for those of you who dislike it. I think I got carried away! :-)

Thanks so much everyone!
    Jeff

JD Designs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads