Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Stylise v3

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey guys,

I've made - yet - another version of my web design site, version 3. Just wondering if you guys have and suggestions or feedback

Thanks,
    Jamie

ps: The files are attached. One is the design template, and the other is a half implemented screen shot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Nice clean design. The curves in the layout are a good idea.
    The only thing is that the logo top/left is a bit ambiguous. Its just that im not sure if thats your logo, or the one on the top right.
    Other than that though, appealing layout.
    http://christopher-scott.org - Ramblings of an amateur web designer
    http://childfreechoice.com - An online community for the positively childfree

Member #
    Thanks slyder.

Yeah, I know what you mean with the logo thing. I'll play around with it, might just need to make it smaller

PS: The logo is the one on the left.

Member #
    Clean, simple, and easy to nav.........good job.
    Text size is usually an issue with clean designs, so you may want to look at a bit bigger font that won't take away from the clean design.
    Good luck...
    GMan

Member #
    Planetgman, did you have a look at the site or the images? I've only just uploaded the new version to the server

Cheers

Member #
    Both. I liked the old site much better. The new look is good too, it does give it more of a contemporary feel to it.
    Layout is good. Easy to nav.
    I'm a big fan of having content on each page. FAQ's are easy to put up and not have "coming soon". I don't think any designer's website should have "coming soon" on any part of it.
    FAQ's are easy to put up, even if it is only a couple for right now and than you can add a more complete list later.
    How long does it take to build my website? How much does it cost? Can you incorporate my logo into the site? Who owns the domain name? How do you update it? Those are all questions most of us designers get, and easy to answer and put up on the page for now.
    I'd probably move "Your Viewing" from your about us page to the FAQ page also. Like "What is the best way to view my page" as a FAQ. In the about us page, should be about you and your company.
    Also, two things in the about us page:
    1) How long have you been designing? Since July 19, 2005? That is what it reads like. I'd probably put in there how long you have been desiging and say something like......."In July 2005 we or I started Stylise to utilize the over (number of years) web design experience.......etc, etc"
    2) You have a list for the people who work with you, but no names, emails or contact info.
    I understand this is a devsite, just letting you know what you should fix.
    Just tweak your content, because the layout/design looks good to go.
    Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks alot GMan, there's some great points there I'll be sure to implement them.

As for the staff, I did have content details and name but with the new design I'm also going from straight PHP (with no functions) to OO PHP with about 7 or so classes at the moment, so it's getting there.

Once that done, I'll be able to go ahead with my CMS

Member #
    I don't like the about page. I think you should leave out how new the site is. I don't think people like having technical jargon thrown at them about how the way they use the internet is wrong either. I say jargon becuase alot of people don't know what their moniter resolution is, or that internet explorer has versions, or that firefox exists. And the only people who know what CSS, W3C, or XHTML are people who already know how to make websites (and are making their own, not buying services from you).

You should spell check and proof read everything on the site. There are alot of lazy mistakes, and if a potential customer sees them they definitly won't hire you. If you have any friends that are in marketing or writing maybe they can help (for free )

I realy like the rounded edges on everything, and the dots in the header. The white edge on "login" needs to be thicker though, I think it's too thin to show up well. I noticed that the tab key works in the login area. I personaly appreciate when sites do that. Alot of sites use fancy buttons, but then you can't use the tab key to login fast, and it's annoying.

I think the sites design works well with the name Stylise. I don't like the burgendy color, but I don't like burgendy in general so that's probably why. I'm sure you've gone through every color imaginable while you where designing it.
    Jason

Member #
    Thanks guys, I've added and modified a few bits and pieces. There's an actual FAQ page now :P

Cheers

Remove Ads