Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi could somone review my site and give feedback:

www.beach-huts.com

I am having one problem... On some machines where the font is large the cells in the tables get all skewed up. Is there any way to avoid this? I am using CSS for the text.

Thanks -Hagen
    Hagen Rose: hagen(at)jxwd(dot)co(dot)uk
    JX Web Development, Bournemouth, Dorset...JXWD.co.uk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You mention airlines and hotels...

These beach huts are booked on a daily basis or a weekly basis? If the latter then airlines and hotels aren't relevant.

You phone the Holiday Inn in Poole (chance to holiday "abroad", but not too far, lol! ;-)) and do they say "Sorry - can't book a day. Got to stay a week!" -- no! But you imply your site is based on weekly bookings so hotels are not the same.

And neither are airlines. I could fly from Bristol to Bournemouth for a pint with you and fly back the next day...

Enuff said :-)

Got to work out what you're trying to sell and then sell it in the best way. And copying others isn't always the best way... Google is a case in point of an entity on the web that has become very successful through copying *nobody* !

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    www.beach-huts.com review

Dont get me wrong I like clashes! Thats why people wear ties after all! It is my intention to have a clash here... Clashes rock!!!

Sorry is speculation, but I have oftern read they can spot things like a font 0 pixels high, so they seem to have machnie methods for spotting this kind of stuff.... If they dont they should because it would be easy to do! If I wanted to "cheat" the system I would use say a white .jpg background and white text... I agree it is ugly, but it is it seems to be getting me traffic over my competitors who have more history... I guess I will lose business for having an esthetically "nasty" site too... all these things are a balance I supose, I am happy where it is for the moment... Once I have become a "renoun supplier" of beach hut rentals then I can lose it.... And lose it I will!!

Hadn't thought about the poor hard of hearing people, well lets hope they appreciate the herring gull screetching at them more!

When you say people "hard of hearing" do you mean vision impaired people? I am not bothered for this site but: are there any figures of this kind of stuff? WOuld be good to know for future reference....

Thanks again for you comments

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I meant visually impaired... duh! Sorry... brain was switched off at that moment ;-)

Try this http://webxact.watchfire.com/

Also read this

http://www.mardiros.net/bobby-accessibility-tool.html

Sean

Member #
    hmm, cant say i like the design at all, i can imagen this site in a nice typically css template, with some good photos and some well written text and you would have a nice site, and I am sure alot less trouble attracting hut owners. I would not sign up to this site, it dosent protray trust at all.

I agree with what the others are saying in regards to the text below, it looks like t&c's and reads badly as well.

I just found the "how it works link", you would be better off with that text (or some of it) on your home page, and a nav system, home, about, contact, testimonials.. etc

Not sure if you are good at programming, if you are speak to a web designer, offer contra work if you cant afford their services. A good designer will help you sort out your heading and information issues.
    Design Industries
    http://www.di.net.au

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi there, can you be a bit more specific about how you feel it doesnt portray trust?

What's "t&c's"?

Cheers -Hagen

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I changed the footer to make it more people friendly... Its only an early version, but I think it does make the site more credible, and hopefully has about the same kind of textual content as before...

I am not sure how to work with the rest because I am totally adamant that there is only to be one page and no navigation at all...

Cheers for the comments -H

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads