Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Dear All

My latest pet project: PhDProcrastination.com.

Can you please review it giving me comments/feedback/suggestions and most importantly, any rendering issues. I've tested with IE6 and latest FF. I need feedback from other browsers too please as I don't have easy access to them.

Thanks!
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    when are you going full-on with phdprocastination? i just see a lot of potential here. will even "market" to my phd-wannabe friends.

my one thing about the site though. i know its meant to be simple and straight-forward -- just that i can be too much that nothing grabs me. nothing yet, at least.

good luck with this project. i'm looking forward to seeing it happen.

roda

Member #
    I see a lot of potential too! I'll soon finish my PhD and then sit down and code it all.

What would it take to "grab you" (as you say)? Tell me and it will probably happen!

Thanks!
    eKstreme

Member #
    i'm no phd but hang around with a lot of them, oy :alien:

i kinda expect something satirical by the domain name, a site like the onion maybe, but about academia, the dreadfulness of TA-ing etc etc.. maybe a headliner a week? something to keep ppl checking in regularly..

the anxiety page is nice too but maybe more forum-like? i'm using ie6 and the vent boxes are 250X250 pixel right-aligned boxes. i'd like to vent but would want to read other's too -- so maybe put them into center-focus.

thanks and i'm looking forward to a great site :classic:

roda

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CYSWebdesign
    i kinda expect something satirical by the domain name, a site like the onion maybe, but about academia, the dreadfulness of TA-ing etc etc.. maybe a headliner a week? something to keep ppl checking in regularly..
    Interesting. I have a couple of things like that planned, but maybe now I'll add more focus to them

Quote Originally Posted by CYSWebdesign
    the anxiety page is nice too but maybe more forum-like? i'm using ie6 and the vent boxes are 250X250 pixel right-aligned boxes. i'd like to vent but would want to read other's too -- so maybe put them into center-focus.
    The layout of that page gave me the most problems. I agree with your comment about the focus of the page. I will play around with it and see what I come up with. I'm thinking of moving the form to a separate page.
    eKstreme

Member #
    I like what the site is about and trying to do but when I first look at the site it doesn't instantly impress me.

When I browse the web I'm a bit lazy and if I click a link to a site that doesn't look too good even though it may have better resources than other better looking sites I will click off.

What I'm saying is presentation is essential to make visitors want to read.

Yous should work on the look of the website that suits your audience which is higher education students doing a PhD.

About your site.

The problem I find with side navigation is that when you have a lot of content you could end up leaving a lot of white space under the navigation but besides the odd bits of white space your design looks very neat.

Good job
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Nice clean, fast loading design. While its not off the hizzy for shizzy with the latest and greatest scripts and wild colors - in my opinion its well laid out and easy to navigate. The users you get will enjoy the site, although its not very striking to new visiters.

Member #
    I need it to be striking yet easy to read. I think I managed the easy to read bit, but the striking design is lacking. I know it's clean and simple, but I need more.

The comment about side navigation caught my interest. I think I'll play around with new layouts and see what I come up with.

Further, regardless of what happens to the design, the front page needs a much better layout to highlight the major sections.

Thanks for all the comments! I'm all ears for any other comments/suggestions.
    eKstreme

Remove Ads