Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi

Close to completing a new site ?2.011 Images for selling photos and graphics online (it's my first ecommerce site).

If you go to the link above and keep hitting the refresh button you'll see the design/layout changes randomly between 4 designs. I know what you going to say: "You need to keep a consistant design throughtout". And so I should but I really want to explore the idea of visitors seeing how different images can be applied to site design. Something like that anyway.

My other question is whether you find the site user-friendly etc...

I should point out the watercolour paintings in the art section are really there to make up the numbers (lying around from a previous project).

Thanks for your help.

Member #
    Well, you are right about people making comments about a consistent look with the site.........but, being a photographer, I think it suits your site better to show more of your portfolio.
    You can still accomplish this with other scripts (consistent look) but what you have makes the site work.
    I think you've done enough with the site to not confuse viewers if they go back to the site and giving it somewhat of a consistent look and feel.
    I do think the nav bar/links should have one consistent look and feel with the fonts though, but this is a minor change.
    This is a good site to show off your photographs.
    Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    I like it. The jumping navigation threw me off a bit, but it wasn't hard to find where it landed on each page. All the designs are nice and clean.

But just keep an eye on user feedback about the changing designs. It's good as you implemented it, but be prepared to change that.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    I quite like the changing images but feel that the changing navigation really needs to be kept consistant.

I also found that the pages were taking quite a while to download. Maybe you could look at some of the file sizes ??

I really liked the layout of the Photography page and think the site would work a lot better using this as a template.

The pictures are of very good quality which is what I would expect from a photo related site.

Another minor point is the big gray box that always seems to be there. I think it could be a little lighter if you really like it.

Overall I think the pictures are very good and make the site have a very professional feel.

Member #
    Thanks for your feedback. Your right about getting a consistant menu. As for slow load time, the background images are probably a little large (about 50-70Kb off the top of my head).

Remove Ads