Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: My first job

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is my first job as far as designing webpages. It's for a local restaurant, the site is not compleated yet, but I would realy appreciate some thoughts and opinions on what I've done so far. I know there's spelling errors that needs to be corected...and probably a lot of "newbie mistakes to"..very thankful for constructive critique

http://voncreutz.atspace.com/La_Mina.html

Member #
    First, not a bad job for your first time out. If you are looking for some things to improve the design, here are a few IMHO:
    1) You have no content or links, so I don't know how the site flows.
    2) If you are going to leave the nav banner on the right, you may want to put the outline on the "open side" of the banner. Does that make sense? I'm talking about yellow line going around the nav banner.
    3) Logo, looks good. I like that design, I'd probably make it a little bigger to emphasize it. Because it is a restaurant, then I always think it is important to emphasize the logo.
    4) Your photo banner. Looks good. I like the use of the side photos. You can make your main picture a bit bigger and then add a few more side photos. You can also switch the side photos to the other side and then move the nav banner to the other side.
    5) The nav banner, just looks like an incomplete graphic sitting there. If you make the photo banner the same size as the nav banner, then it will give both sides of the main photo a complete look.

I hope you are seeing what I mean about the nav banner. But if you make the logo a little bigger, drop down the main photo a little more, it will give your site a more complete content look.
    But I think you are on the right track with this design and I think it looks good.
    Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    Thanks man, I sure appreciate your input. I'll work some more on the things you pointed out for me. Thanks again

Member #
    yo man! thats pretty damn good for a first time site designing! I seen a lot of sites look half as good and people hired real experienced designers! nicely done!!

Member #
    Thanks I appreciate that, I guess I can relax a litle more now and feel good about showing it to my client Thanks again for a you guys input

Remove Ads