Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all --

I've developed a new website (http://www.numetta.com) for capturing meta data for people and matching them, but I'm not sure if my site is easy to navigate and understand.

I would appreciate it if some of you experts would take a look at my site, try it out, and let me know what you think...?

Thanks!!!

Member #
    The first thing you want to do is create a logo. Use the same one on every page. Also, if the site is exclusively for the US, no need for Asian fonts.

I think there needs to be a better explained "Why," in other words, a more effective sales pitch. Maybe offer to view examples as a guest, otherwise provide an interface of the types of Metta that categorize people.

You do a nice job explaining the purpose and defining your term. The layout is very clean, which is good if you want that. It could, however, use some graphics, simple things like calculators, and people, would add to the visual experience.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DCScene
    The first thing you want to do is create a logo. Use the same one on every page. Also, if the site is exclusively for the US, no need for Asian fonts.

I think there needs to be a better explained "Why," in other words, a more effective sales pitch. Maybe offer to view examples as a guest, otherwise provide an interface of the types of Metta that categorize people.

You do a nice job explaining the purpose and defining your term. The layout is very clean, which is good if you want that. It could, however, use some graphics, simple things like calculators, and people, would add to the visual experience.
    Thanks for the feedback!

RE: the logo... although normally I would stick with a single logo, one of my guiding principles during the development of the website was that it should be flexible and dynamic in nature. The true power of the tool is in the capture of people's meta data and the use of that data to allow people to find one another quickly and easily.

You can use NuMetta to find people who have similar ideas, interests, or needs, such as:

-- If you’re interested in a certain hobby, such as video games or antique cars, then you can use NuMetta to find others in your area with similar interests.
    -- If you like athletic activities such as bicycling or running, then you can use NuMetta to find others locally to share your activities with.
    -- If you have a business idea and would like to meet people in your area who can help get your business off the ground, then NuMetta is for you.
    -- If you have junk in your garage or basement that you’d like to get rid of (or if you’re looking for junk that other people might want to get rid of), then use NuMetta.

To make a long story short, I rotate website logos to symbolize the dynamic nature of NuMetta.

RE: sales pitch... I've gotten other similar feedback. I guess that I'll need to come up with a clean way to expose some of the innards of the tool so that 1st-time visitors can see how powerful it is.

RE: graphics... another one of my guiding principles is minimalism / simplicity. I tried to make the tool as easy as possible to use without the need for heavy graphics (I only use 3 images when I generate any given web page... two very small ones for layout / formatting, and the logo).

If I continue to get similar feedback, then perhaps I'll consider adding some very small images.

Thanks again!

Member #
    As per some external feedback that I've received, I've expanded my "terms and conditions" page to include a privacy statement.

Do the terms stated on this page seem adequate?

http://www.numetta.com/terms.php

Thanks!

Remove Ads