Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Other Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http//:www.newjeruzproductions.com

this is one of my other client's site that I am doing

i'm 16 years old and have two clients already, tell me what ya think!

Member #
    I'm 17 and working full time at a professional design firm :]

not to rain on your parade but the industry is pretty saturated with young ppl. Age doesn't matter, only your work.

crits:
    splash page = big nono
    marquee, same
    the colour scheme is bold, but you might want to reconsider the copy colour/font. It definitely gets hard to read after a few lines. Impact is not a good font to use for copy.
    get rid of counter, it's just a really amateurish thing to do.

those are the basics, you might want to learn a bit more about visual design as well.

Member #
    yeah it is! but only thing though is i cant delete the counter, my client wants it, its one of the thing he doesnt want me to remove

Member #
    Is your client happy with the result you came out?

As Jack000 said, you might want to learn more about visual design. And do not make texts big to fill out the whole website, that's not good. Try to shrink them( not to small ) and put them in tables, add some more images, that would be nice.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    Looks like a FP code debacle to me, learn some html. I could hand code that site in a few minutes much cleaner and use a lot less html than FP has used. I'm from Jersey, and it looks like you picked the GS Parkway colors for the site, BTW what exit? I'm exit 10. Anyway, yeah the fonts need to be smaller, and you have to horizontal scroll at 800x600, that's never good. Lot's of shadowed text, you could cut down on some of that. And loose the splash screen. And I personally dislike a web page title "Welcome to..." loose that too. Lastly, loose the page transitions, they are a Microsoft IE curse! BUT don't be discouraged, there are far worse things you could put all you energy and enthusiasm into, keep it up.

Member #
    the splash page also they said they needed! i really dont like it but hey! what can ya do? and yes my client was happy w. the results of his website, the old webmaster was a lot sloppier and didnt put anything in table, i almost have everything in tables and yea, they love the way it is now, i suggested a lot of this, i dont like the Impact font but they love it, so give em what they want! i'm getting paid for it, lol, its all good

Member #
    its good, but the transparency needs ome work, umm may i ask on the front page, ="index" umm whateactly are you standing on? is it snow or what?

Member #
    dont ask about the splash page b/c they said they wanted it! cant ask why u have it b/c its their decision, not mine

Member #
    If your clients like it, so be it. Personally, I don't like it. But here's a question young fighter, it seems like you view this project as "done" and you are dismissing most of the comments that come your way, so, why are you asking for suggestions?
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    #1, this site is not finsih, my client is sending me photos and other information about his film and music company. #2, i am asking for people opinion about the site and they're giving me suggestions, and tell me DCScene, what dont you like about this site, yes i admit it looks like a beginner did it, but i just got into web designing and i'm a junior at high school, i dont have a lot of experience w. web paging and this is my first project that I am doing. I dont except people to tell me how much I suck at doing this and if they do, ok then, but people, like you, dont take the concept of this is being my first project and with little experience I have, they're saying why bother? well, how did you start of, how did your first website look and how old were you when you did your 1st project and how much did you know before starting on your 1st project.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads