Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: WCHA Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey,

My site is for a fantasy hockey league using the FHLSim Software to simulate games. It is very new, we are still drafting players.

It is my first site, I learned HTML and a bit of JavaScript from tutorials on the internet. It's not really flashy but I like it.

http://www.wcha.uni.cc

What do you guys think? Got any suggestions?

NOTE: The site doesn't work on Firefox.

Member #
    Too simple, too boring looking at your website that's all i can say. But it's not bad for your first site, better content organized is what i can suggest.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    Hi,

I would agree with iphong. Also, the home page looks completely different in firefox to how it looks in IE. In firefox, the image of the trophy is cropped.

Member #
    Congrats on getting your first site up there and running.

I'm glad you're not relying on flashy effects. I disagree with those who say it's too simple. Simple is good as long as your content is displayed in an easily-accessible format.

I have a few constructive criticisms:

1. Research seems to suggest that dark text on a light background is more readable than light text on a dark background. Use the light-on-dark for banners and such (like your "Who Will Take Home the Cup?" heading), but use a light background for the main content area.

2. Having the trophy photo without any border or margins looks kind of like it's just pasted in. If you had a white background, the trophy would actually appear to be in the site rather than on top of it. Or if you used a light colored background, maybe you could modify the photo of the trophy so that it has the same color background as the page itself.

3. I find scrolling messages to be a little distracting.

Give some thought to these things and then I'd be interested in seeing an updated version.

Good luck!

Remove Ads