Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey everybody--I'm new here. I'm a designer who's beginning to dive into freelance work, and I'd like some feedback on my most recent project. Does anybody have anything to say? Thanks--

http://www.holcombcustomhomes.com

Member #
    Great looking site. Love the background. Content is good.
    The nav'ing back to the home page needs some work though. You have to assume most internet users don't know to click on a logo to get back to the home page.......so you may want to have a home button in there somewhere.
    But the site, overall is really good.
    Good luck....
    GMan

Member #
    thanks for the help

I appreciate it!

Member #
    First impressions: Not bad, the content is a little small but I can live with that. I agree with the point about linking to the home page, a Home link would be helpful.

I notice that your menubar highlights on mouseover. What would be even better is if it stayed highlighted when you were on that page. For example, if I were to click on New Construction, the header on that page says "Your new home may be waiting.", which doesn't tell me that I'm in New Construction. People seem to like to know where they are Also, you might want to make the links more obvious than simply a colour change: perhaps bold or with an underline? Might not be to your taste, but it would certainly aid navigation

Also, you might consider making a hierarchical site map for people who know what they're looking for - your site is deeper than the navigation lets on!

The corners - although rounded is nice - could be better. Below I've included a link to an article on AListApart. Although you will not get any antialiasing with the below method, it isn't really needed for onscreen delivery with corners of that size. It'll also make them look much sharper and consistent, since you have full control over them.

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/mountaintop

Hope this helps!
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    Thanks for the help! I'll check it out.

Member #
    Thats an excellent site. Well done right down to your nice use of flash for presentaion. Scales up and down well for accessibility, brill.
    www.appletv.co.uk

Remove Ads