Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.makingcomputerstakecareofthemselves.com/

Making computers take care of themselves

or take the ride over just for fun :nervous:

http://www.makingcomputers.net/

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    WAY too much flashing. Could set off seizures in some people.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Wired
    WAY too much flashing. Could set off seizures in some people.
    ROTFLMAO

PLEASE WHEN YOU CRUISE THE WEB
    MAKE SURE YOU have an overstuffed chair
    and meds handy .
    Because major web sites from cable companies car
    and just paying your bill will HAVE FLASH SITES
    Adobe bought macromedia and macromedia just released a new version so i dont think it will be going any where soon.
    Its a new generation and FLASH is part of it ..

SO PLEASE IF ANY ONE HAS TRUE CRITISIM PLEASE LET ME KNOW
    hows the code will it be ok for search engines or CALM DOWN THE FLASH on such and such page
    HTML PAGE IS BEING DEVELOPED :hurt:

LOOKING FOR REAL CRITISIM PLEASE
    http://www.makingcomputerstakecareofthemselves.com/

OR FOR FUN
    http://www.makingcomputers.net/

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Not FLASH as in the software, FLASHING as in strobing lights. THIS IS REAL CRITICISM.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Your domain name is far far far too long.. You expect people to remember that thing???

simple and to the point is the best way.

And i agree, that ride over will cause fits in people with Photosensitive Elpilepsy. Hell, I even had a fit..

I dont even see the point of it.

Are you TRYING To cause fits?

Make it your main domain name, the ride is as pointless as it is Dangerous.

edit: Right, forgot to criticise the content....

here we go...

Mission Statement: make it brief and to the point, I read through that thing hoping to know what your website is all about. No such luck. I still don't know what you do... ok, thats a lie, I know because there was one sentence on it, and only one, that only shows up on the home page telling us that you make sure software updates itself... now... it dosn't say whether thats on a home or buisness based thing, but I reckon its a buisness thing, which also sets me of onto that ride bashing again, its a business website so why ride??? whyyyy!?!?!?! even if it isn't a buisness, what you're selling is a serious thing, your computer is very personal, and should be treated with seriousness... so no ride

theres a large amount of black space underneath your flash animation, try get rid of that (running firefox if its my browser thats causing it).

That music makes me shudder....

in some sort of way, it reminds me of Salad Fingers.... :|

Member #
    Ack, music! Is it really necessary? And whats with the Mystery Meat Menu (access menu!?), with 6 *hidden* options to go to the Guestbook (which needs some attention)? The navigation is all over the place... various different types of navigation and buttons and general inconsistency and the noises that it makes is really quite irritating.

The copy is dreadful, I'm sorry to say. REALLY dreadful!! Spellcheck!! Grammar!! PUNCTUATION. You also seem to be lacking one rather important part - a LOGO. Do you even have one? Cause I can't see it!

And whats the clock. I have a perfectly good clock on my taskbar, I don't need your website to tell me what time it is! Also, you might want to look at some of the dividing lines - they overlap the edge of the container box. And why a Close button as well as a Home button that does exactly the same thing?

Why is all the content in scrolling boxes when you've got MORE than enough room to put the content in... in a smaller size would help too - I can read 10pt perfectly well, and so can most people. Speaking of font sizes, for the sake of accessibility I would seriously consider writing this in XHTML instead, since users can change the font size should they be visually impaired.

Sorry if I came off a bit harsh, I can see a lot of work went into this but you really need to rethink it, and come up with somthing simpler, more elegant and more structured. I hope some of my comments have been useful

Off the record, I really have a problem with your business strategy. You are eliminating one of the biggest sources of revenue of growing companies. RETURNING CUSTOMERS.
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish
    Speaking of font sizes, for the sake of accessibility I would seriously consider writing this in XHTML instead, since users can change the font size should they be visually impaired.
    That was something I forgot to point out in my post. Pretty much all of the features on your website can be done in DHTML (or XHTML). This is without the music (which to be honest, i don't like one bit). Not only will it reduce any loading time that may occur, your copy will read easier (partly because Flash's small text anti-aliasing looks rubbish next to ClearType [once its been enabled....]).

Member #
    Golfish :Off the record, I really have a problem with your business strategy. You are eliminating one of the biggest sources of revenue of growing companies. RETURNING CUSTOMERS

Sorry but it works dont want returning customers.I do get them to return with new pc s or with thier friend s .I love what I do it works ..

Wired: OH the coaster ride gotcha now way to much strobing thought u ment the main site thanks for you input ...

Holy Promethium: makes u shudder lol
    thanks for all the criticim much needed

please check back in a week for updated site
    Thanks again

Member #
    First off I don't like flash too much so my criticism will be biased against flash.

I think that there is way too much white space and a VERY small text frame which I find annoying and makes me feel as if the site isnít loaded.

Why do you have to sets of navigation?
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    The coaster was for fun we have been working on a cartoon comercial.
    Then Ive been asking for critisim.
    So the coaster will be removed for html site Or a choice of html
    or flash
    Thanks for the honesty that u dont like flash instead of bashing to nice of ya.

the coaster was for fun certain people only know of the coaster ride . I just put it here ??

thxs again ..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads