Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi

I have just finished designing this website and would like some feedback on the design and style of the site.

I am quite new to web design and appreciate all the feedback that I can get !!

The URL is:

http://www.travel-livethedream.co.uk/

Member #
    Pretty good design and layout, easy to nav.
    The only thing is that when you go to the site, you are not really sure what you are looking at. Is it a travel site, is it a safari site (based on the banner).
    I'd recommend switching your content around moving the website launch up where the congrats text is. Then maybe saying "about this site" rather than website launch.
    That way the first thing someone reads is what the site is about.
    But, yeah, pretty good site, especialy being new at it.
    Good luck.....
    GMan

Member #
    The content is not up to me and also I have tried to suggest where some of the text and articles would be better placed. Again this has been enforced by the owner of the site.

When I design a site for myself I will have total control !!!!!

Member #
    So why put the site up for review? You know you will get good constructive feedback here........but if you have no control over the content, design or layout, it makes no sense to put it up for review if you can't make the changes to improve it.
    If this is a client site, then you should use your expertise and make recommendations on improving the site.
    If this is a friends site or one you are doing for free, I can understand to some extent.....but still, you are the designer. Your recommendations and "expertise" are an invaluable part of the design process when dealing with the customer.
    To me, it just makes no sense to put a site up for review that you can't change or make better. The only reason I repeat this is that you asked for feedback on the design AND style of the site.
    Still, it is a pretty good site for a one of your first times out.
    Good luck....
    GMan

Member #
    I hear what you are saying. I maybe worded it wrongly. I do have the options to change things like the navigation, colour schemes etc etc. However not the actual text or its exact positioning.

I was hoping to get some feedback on the fast loading, structure, css and small use of JavaScript within the site.

Any feedback that I get is good and even if I couldn't change this one then I can use any comments to help me with my next site.

It is a learning process for me and obviously not just the designing but also the posting of questions !!!

Thank you again for taking the time to review the site.

Member #
    I have been told by a few people that the images on this site sometimes appear of low quality. Please can anybody tell me if they have experienced this as well ??

Remove Ads