Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey,
    I have made a new site for a lable me and some friends have made. It is called 'Wholesale Meat' music. check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.wholesalemeat.tk

Thanks,
    Scottykav

Member #
    First impressions - not bad, apart from the colour of the (or what I think might be) visitor counter at the bottom of the page. I can't actually see it to tell.

Your links are fine, until you hover on them with a mouse, whereupon they go red, in effect disappearing for anyone suffering from red/green colour blindness. Not good for accessibility.

List of bands. On a large page. By themselves. With no extra information whatsoever. Needs some work I think.

Nice list of the team. Again - on a large page. By themselves. With no extra information. It might be useful to put faces/bios to those names (or something!!!) just so prospective clients know a bit about the people behind the label.

I can't read the white on mauve. People generally prefer dark on light for ease of reading so you might want to modify that. I don't really dig the fuzzy edged box either. It really doesn't go with the rest of the colour scheme or style. Also, the text is sometimes too close to the edges of the box.

The Apply page is fine - other than the contrast problem on all pages - the form does what it needs to.

Gigs page is ok - will look much better when you have more information on there. The only thing is the horizontal lines overlap the edge of the box slightly, and it looks a tad scruffy. Same problem on the News page too.

Gallery - why are you using the browser to make the thumbnail? It just means you download the whole image at once just to view a tiny representation of the image. Use something like IrfanView to generate your own thumbnails and save the users a wait!

I really like the banner which tells you which page you are currently viewing. Good affermation. The navigation in general is really good! Perfectly clear (apart from the whole red green thing), and nothing confusing.

Overall - good. Loads fast (apart from the gallery, but you can fix that now ) Copy needs work (as its a WIP thats given), might want to reconsider the fluffy box, other than that you're doing well for yourself!
    Goldfish
    Blueshadow Multimedia

Member #
    Isn't spelled as "label" not "label"?

I think the homepage is great. I wouldn't touch it.

However, a bit more contrast for the other pages between the text (white) and the background (gray).

Nice work
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    It's a good site, great overall design. There are just a few small points..

If you want a counter on the front page it's your choice, at least you avoided having it on every page, but it needs to at least look readable, I had to strain my eyes to see but not a green blur

There's a slight problem when the page is loaded on firefox, namely that the border at the bottom of the main text box appears seperated from the box itself.

The gallery thumbnail is a full sized image! The main point of thumbnails is to remove the need to load a huge full sized image unless you want too, meaning using the full sized image gives the user the full sized image without wanting to download the full sized image... see my point?

The text in the main boxes could be a little spaced away from the border image, it's especially apparent on the apply page where the lines of text seem to start on the white of the border.

The only other thing is that the contact page needs to show your e-mail address and not just a link (not everyone uses outlook, etc).

Overall the design of the site looks great, navigation is very easy and the text is generally easy to read.

Member #
    Ok, thanks for all your feedback. I will try and do my best to fix it up.

Member #
    Yeah its well laid out but the content could do with some padding from the sides and a little more contrast in the background to make it easier to read.
    www.appletv.co.uk

Member #
    New gallery on the Gallery page. Tell me wat ya think of it.
    The images dont load at first so you have to press the reload button provided on the page.

Thanks

Remove Ads