Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.skrlin.com
    Netscape users beware: the whole site may not work for you...

I know, I know, I need more images....
    :-/

But seriously, lay it on me...
    - Brian

Member #
    Interesting, to say the least :classic:

One thing I did notice on some of your pages - some of your links activate whenever you hover your mouse over them... this is bit annoying. I'd rather see the links just be clickable instead.

Also, loose the animated "Links" on the links page.

I'd also change the gray background you are using - it's rather drab and out of touch with the rest of the site. Your use of colours is quite unique... definately not the norm, and I suspect that is exactly what you wanted in the first place.

Not sure I like the font you are using in the content - is that Comic or something else?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Welcome to the board!

I hate to sound harsh, but I'm not a fan of the way the site's laid out. I'm going to make a list of some of the things that you'd probably want to improve on:
    1. I waited over a minute for the preload (on broadband), and it never occurred. I finally clicked the link to skip the preload because I was so sick of waiting.
    2. I like the light grey background (it makes a nice change from white every so often), but the varying text colours don't provide clean contrasts and are distracting.
    3. The menu font is okay without the blue outline, but the blue outline on the onMouseOver makes it look messy.
    4. The onMouseOver for your "Evil eyes" is kinda cool but it took me a few minutes to discover it by accident and it isn't "finished" yet. You need to remove the rest of the background, then you've got it.
    5. The blue on the black on the right side is too hard to read. Try either a lighter blue or a light background.
    6. The parts in the "about" section should change onClick and not onMouseOver.

It's not bad overall (especially for a personal site) but it does need some work. Your problem isn't one of coding but more of laying things out so they look right (which is IMHO the toughest aspect of web design, making things look right while still maintaining clean code.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Delerium-
    The whole onmouseover link activation was something I was hoping to veer away from in my next design. I was starting to get annoyed with it also.

I don't plan on using very many (if at all) marquees like on the links page. That's one thing that gets old very quick.

As for the background, I plan on doing a white background with my next design for the site. I've used black far too much in my previous designs and I wanted to steer far clear of that in this next one.

The font is Comic.

GAME-

1. I don't know why, but that pre-loader doesn't work all the time, or for everyone for that matter. The pre-loader was the first thing I left out of my plans for what I have coming.
    2. I'll keep the text colour variations in mind.
    3. lol no comment.
    4. I'm still not sure if the about section will retain the current format with all the sub-sections and information within. Again, duely noted.
    5. n/c
    6. {see reply to Delerium}
    - Brian

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Two things kill this site.... typesetting and colors.

In terms of typesetting, you're using one of the worst fonts available (comic sans) and making it worse by bolding it, casting it in myriad hues and adding a "glow" stroke to it.

Dump the comic sans. Use font-family: sans-serif for a nice legible pixel-based sans-serif font. Make your text black. All of it. You can make your headers another color, but make them all the SAME color. Same thing goes for links.

For your navigation (top), try giving it a different background color than the content.

Change your mouseovers for links to an underline (text-decoration: underline)

Get rid of the "invisible" style on the iframe scrollbar. It's just plain ugly. If anything, go for all black or standard.

Get rid of ALL content in your frame (left and right sides). It's useless information. Put it where useless information belongs... at the bottom of the page (possibly in the bottom of the frame or in another frame).

Make your banner shorter (vertically). You're wasting a lot of real estate there.

Use the same layout for all of your pages. Left justify all text. Centered text is annoying to read.

86 all the primary colors. You make a good use of red in the banner (which also complements the black and gray nicely). Use that red throughout the site. Maybe use it as your link color / menu bg color / title color.

That's about it

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow. That was actually pretty lenient for transio.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Change the font and colors!!! ( Iagree with Transio)

Member #
    I dont have enough patient to wait untill your page is loaded. Too slow on my DSL connection. Try not to use too much javascript in you rpage.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    ok now i it can be loaded,then i have some comment about your website:
    1.In your iFrame enable the scrollbar,because maybe it fit in IE of Windows but i cant see the bottom of the site in my Mac's IE.
    2.I really dont like your color scheme,quite ugly.And you neednt to put the "NAV" word there,Everybody could see it.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    Thanks for your comments, everyone. Keep them coming. I appreciate it.
    - Brian

Remove Ads