Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everybody!
    I finally hosted codeblue studios, after being delayed by a month of school.
    There are some pages missing (the what we do page, thought of the day), but almost everything is there. The site is valid XHTML 1.1, and CSS.

www.codebluestudios.com

2 main inspirations went into making this design; my previous codeblue design, and this whitespace article.

Notes:
    -To make up for the fact that the logo was at the bottom left, I increased its hiarchy, adding shadows, and by adding the diaganal blue lines/shapes in the content background, drawing the eye towards the logo.
    -May be slow loading...
    -1024 res please
    -intelexual is spelt that way on purpose

Anyways, when I'm completely done I plan to submit this to all the CSS site like CSS Beauty, Stlyegala etc. This site probebly won't get on as it isn't the best site in the world but still, I think its pretty good for a 14 year old.

Please add your thoughts... (no really, please give me feedback, anything, please! don't make me get desperate here!)
    -GeZe

Member #
    I really like it.

Something strange happened.. when I hovered my mouse over the links (Home, Portfolio, Contact, About) there was a brief block of white that replaced the link area... before the mouseover happened.

However once it done it (downloaded the image I presume) it was fine there after.

Love the design of it all

Member #
    Yes, I have to add some kind of image preloader but I don't know how to make one. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the kind words.

What do you guys think about the XHTML and CSS?
    Does the design work?
    -GeZe

Member #
    for the flickering you can make a css "image map" (http://www.alistapart.com/articles/sprites), or just preload the images by adding the images at the top of your html code, and set the size to 0. The second way will introduce non-semantic elements to your code, but it's a bit easier.

Member #
    what if I put the img tags with the images on the page, then hide them with css. Would the images load if they wrer hidden with css?

Anyways, what do you guys think of the code and the design?
    -GeZe

Member #
    the hiding thing is essentially what they do in the article. The hover state is in the ul tag, and the static state in the li. When the mouse hovers over the li, its background is hidden, and the ul shows through. This is the most effective way of stopping flickering other that using javascript. As Rose pointed out in the stylegala forums, ie has the most problem with this.

the design is good, though it's not up to the caliber of sites listed on the more prestigious css galleries. I personally find the blurred edges a bit strange.

good work :]

Member #
    hmmm... lots of people have commented on the blured edges. I'll have to change that.
    -GeZe

Member #
    I thought the font was a little small. Didn't care for the background hover state of the text links (not the nav, that looks ok to me). And I wonder what's going to happen if you get more content than your current box size will allow. Will the text just spill out onto the background? Will the divs stretch?

Nice HTML. I can tell you know a decent amount of CSS. Search spiders will adore you. Thank you for creating a site this way! :-D
    Get a view of business and web design from a fresh perspective at DiamondLime.com
    Fresh Business Ideas and Web Design

Remove Ads