Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello eveyone,

I just put my own photo / graphics website online this weekend. Currently I have 184 images uploaded into my gallery. Downloads are free. I'd appreciate an overall critique of the website and the images. Any suggestions you have to improve it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the URL:

http://www.ppdigital.com

Thanks,
    Darren

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Very cool looking, but the splash screen is functionally useless.

Also these buttons:

are next to impossible to read.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Thanks filburt1. The buttons came with ImageFolio's basic skin. I can modifiy them to make the text easier to read. As for the splash screen, it's pretty much a place holder at the moment. I'm still thinking of what I'd like to have as my entry screen. I appreciate you taking a look at it for me.

Member #
    I removed the splash screen -- now you go directly to the gallery.....

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I really like the quality of the images. Sharp like a ZZ-Top-dressed man. I haven't seen any images that are being given away for that quality...well, ever.

The site itself is very neat and clean, and I like the fact that given the nature of your content, it's a very quick load. The colour scheme is very nice as well.

The only things I'd change are the buttons, as filburt said, and the fact that you're giving away too much too cheaply. I respect and love the fact that you're giving away the images that you're giving for free; however, you should also have a link to your company's site (if it has one) where people who "want quality custom design work at a reasonable price" (replace with your choice of marketing slogan) can come to you and have their wallet siphoned dry...I mean...get quality custom design work at a reasonable price. I think you know what I mean.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I agree with TheGame (what else is new). The site is laid out well, I like the ability to choose how many thumbs per page. I find it very generous of you to allow use of your images for non-commerical and commercial use. I already have your site bookmarked.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'll do my part and give it a link in my sig as long as you keep the philosophy that you've started up.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Great site looking,i like your color scheme and your design. Good work.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Member #
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I do plan on keeping the images free. In time, I might offer some for sale items. Maybe a CD collection with some web templates. Right now I'm pretty busy with my full-time job so it will probably be a while. I will keep posting new stuff to the Pixel Perfect gallery so check back often and tell your friends :-)

Darren

JR
    Member #
    nice site dhester, i love the logo :classic:
    JR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads