Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I've just started out the site last 2months and been changing a lot yes i mean a lot lol from theme to theme, layout to layout... I guess it's time to settle down and stick with the current layout though but i really do need for your criticism

http://www.tranix.net

Very much appreciate it,
    Tranix

Member #
    A couple of things stand out.
    One, you have A LOT going on with your home page. Almost too much, I don't really know what your site is about looking at it. You have a search engine, news, local job info, ads, articles, etc. Which leads to the second issue.
    If you click on your services page, you have just a small blurb about what you do. The whole purpose of your site is to offer your services and then you give it almost no attention?
    I would maybe work on the content part of that. Which I see as a typical error......people change their site look and feel, but never change the content to go with it.
    The other thing is your pricing. If your market is motherboards, then you should have that first. If you do a lot of spyware removals (and most technicians in the Seattle area do).....you should put the most general services up top. It is almost like you have them upside down as far as order of importance.
    Also, spyware removal is a HUGE business.......you should highlight that. Along with that, you don't have your hourly rates, fees for travel, or a form to request information. I know you have it on your services page, but most customers shop price (in which case you should have it on your rates page).
    Along with that, look at your services page.......you should have those on your rates page. Example: On services page you list PC Clean Up and Spyware as two different services (which is correct) but then you have them grouped into one on your rates page.......AND you pretty much have to look for spyware removal. And what do you mean by etc?
    You should list that in "other services" or some generic category. Also, if those are your rates that is fine.....but what if you encounter a bigger issue? Putting "Starting at such and such an hour" gives you more room to work with.
    Anyway, like I said, the site has WAY TOO much going on. You need to highlight what it is you do (Computer Repair) and not try to have every possible gimmick or little thing on your site.
    You are trying to do everything and be everything to everybody instead of focusing on your business and the whole purpose of the site.
    Hope that helps. Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    Really good, helful review up there ^^

I'd add that your site is not search engine friendly. A business like yours will need search engine hits to survive. You need a mod_rewrite to get search engine friendly URL's.

I see you have a sitemap, thats helpful but you'd do much better with friendly url's to go along with it.

Member #
    yep totally agreed but indeed i was too busy working on the news site so... :cheeky:

planetgman and mdvaldosta, could you guys review my latest news site please?

http://www.tranix.net

appreciate very much guys,

Member #
    Man, what did you do to the site?
    Links aren't working properly and the interface is way overdone.
    GMan

Member #
    The component-based approach to site construction breaks down when applied to business. In other words, what planetgman said.

Flash is sometimes used as a distraction from flaws like missing business focus. For example, you can use the music service as an exclusive for your computer customers. Instead it's yet another me-too music service.

Where each "business unit" could support the other, they each vie for attention. The result is distraction, not a unifying business proposition. This is called line extension, and it merely causes confusion. You don't need flash or design advice, you need a business plan and unique selling proposition.

A site which uses flash to sell computer services is Geek Squad. Instead of just a cute name, the Geek Squad uses the ideas as a unifying priciple for business operations. What could be a superficial gimmick then becomes a branding device and critical business differentiator.

Far too often web designers use the word "theme" in the most superficial way imaginable. Branding isn't a color, a logo, a tagline, or some glitzy flash -- it's coherency between aesthetics and action.

Member #
    wow this post is like over a month ago :-) i did change something big to the site lately

here's the link to computer services http://pc.tranix.net/ Since my site was kick-out of search enginee because i didnt have any content for the frontpage

take care guys and have a warmest holiday

Member #
    Great layout, clean and organized. I really like the design of the header and the button. Anyways, some of the buttons are not working and the loading time is very slow. Goodluck!

Remove Ads