Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: mosspatch

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www20.brinkster.com/mosspatch/Temp/mosspatch.asp

This is the design for my future site. None of the links go anywhere.

"Archives" is where all of the site's written content goes (articles, essays, movie reviews, tutorials, creative writing, etc.), and clicking on it would lead you to another page that has everything listed on the page. It has alot of different kinds of stuff, so it wouldn't be possible to organize it in the normal navigation. This way, you click archive, and then you click on what you want.

I don't have the message boards to show you, but it's design is similair to the main sites. Also, the navigation from the normal site will be included on the top of the forums, as well as a second navigation bar for the forum's functions.

Don't mind the brinkster ad

Anyways, how do you think it looks? Do you think the navigation is good? coding (I haven't done meta tags yet)? Suggestions? Questions? Comments?
    Jason

Member #
    Do you actually own the domain mosspatch.com? I see the domain is already taken.

As the for the site, it needs alot of work. Rather than telling everyone not to click on the links because they dont work, fix them before you upload your site. Thats the most irratating thing on the web. Broken links.

Instead of telling people about the links, find a theme for the site. Is the site about yourself, about your school, or has it got to do with gaming. Establish that as the brand and theme for the site, and concentrate on that.

Member #
    No, I don't have .com, but the people who do own it haven't done anything with their site in the last year (at least). I plan on contacting them and offering some kind of service or something if they move or let me buy it from them or whatever we work out.

I only uploaded that to show the design (instead of posting a screenshot). That isn't the actual homepage either, it's just a page to show the design. If it was the real site I definitly would have working links (they wouldn't direct to asdjhfajskdfhasdjhfs ), and my writing would be alot more profesional.

As for the theme of the site, I'm not sure what it is yet. The main feature of the site will be the forums. Once the community starts to develop then I'll have a target audiance to start writing content for. Overall there will never be a single topic, but a hodgepodge of stuff that appeals to the forum members. The site isn't meant to get huge or make money either, it's just a personal project. Around 50 people who post almost daily would be my ideal size right now.

I'm sorry if I come off as being defensive right now, I don't mean to, but I didn't make the status of the site very clear in my first post.
    Jason

Remove Ads