Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Looking for some input on how to improve my site !

its here http://www.ronpugh.com

Member #
    I like it I like it.
    Pros: Good color scheme
    Nicely laid out
    Cons: There is to much black at the top. I think that is why I feel that there is somethin werid about the whole image. Try to add that gray bar you have on top of your flash. Also the text in the video seems to skinny compared to all the bold text you used.
    I am not sure I am liking that dark grey vertical bar on the left. I am all about being symetrical so it dosen't feel right but it is okay.
    Your content is in a good amount and well organized.

Add some rollovers to your text links too.

-Phil

Member #
    Firstly, welcome to WDF.net

On to the site....

It's a very nicely and well designed and laid out website, and the you've used are, typically, good choices.

I would however mention the Greeny-grey coloured text on your Orange chunky links on the home page - the text isn't easy to read, and the text is quite chunky itself.

Moving down the page, your SEO box text could do with having an increase in size, as I find it quite small to read on my 17" monitor running 1152 by 864. If I go up to 1280 by 1024 it is very hard to read.

Your large black chunk at the top of the page is my main concern with this site - I feel as if it is too large, and it drags colour away from the orange and grey sections of the site. Your navigation, meanwhile, is shoved as far up to the top of the site as is possible, and this isn't good for usability.

Overall, I like the site but there are just a couple of things tht bug me . Oh, and if it were my site I'd try and get it to be at least HTML 4.01 transitional valid.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads