Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Review my site.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Pls review my site and give some advice..

this is an 1-hour site so its kinda rushed. im also have problems with text colors.pls recommend right colors for this site..

http://www.freewebs.com/xr4m/
    xzworks.blogspot.com

Member #
    Tables...

Member #
    OK first off your design, when your site loaded it screamed ART.
    I guess from looking at your site your an art student?

Even though this is a great design it feels as if you've cramped on the right hand side of the site and I think it is made worse on your bio page with that frame.

echoSwe this site works fine in both IE and FireFox and the use of tables in nothing to be annoyed at because the design is sound and it loads quickly.

Another thing to remember is even though IE (internet explorer) has a lot of bugs it is a popular browser and sites should be made to function properly in all which your site does.
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Hi peter,

Alright, it loads quick, but that's only because it's so small! I disagree to the use of table, and someone designing a new site could perhaps try to use something else? I agree that it seems very art-like, but still, it feels underworked and slapdash.

Also, making it work in IE is no problem with tables, which is why it's really an irrelevant comment... In my opinion, personal sites might fuction less good in IE, since there is no possible loss if the site doesn't function to 100%.

Member #
    OK so whats wrong with using tables?
    I use tables but I also use css!
    Blue Wolf Web Design - Will always get better!

Member #
    Well, I bet you've heard the current design paradigm at least a thousand time, so I won't bother you with that again. Tables - well - what's good using them?? Really nothing... There is a difference between using css to style text and to create the layout of course... As I said - for a small site like that - the download speed wouldn't differ, but for other bigger sites it would.

So... Nothing particular "wrong" - but rather less convenient to use tables for numerous reasons I bet you've heard before. (but if you feel that you need to hear them again from me, just say so )

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by peter77
    OK first off your design, when your site loaded it screamed ART.
    I guess from looking at your site your an art student?

Even though this is a great design it feels as if you've cramped on the right hand side of the site and I think it is made worse on your bio page with that frame.

echoSwe this site works fine in both IE and FireFox and the use of tables in nothing to be annoyed at because the design is sound and it loads quickly.

Another thing to remember is even though IE (internet explorer) has a lot of bugs it is a popular browser and sites should be made to function properly in all which your site does.
    thanks for the detailed review.i am not an art student.i think i will follow the table advice echoSwe to change the bg of the text.(add some bg background with some designs).i test my sites on IE and firefox.but i think frontpage(which i use for html editing)causing some problems to firefox.(mainly from tables size.works on IE but not firefox.but works on mozilla.that's weird).any idea how to fix it without changing my html editor(im still studying dreamweaver).

thanks.

P.S. any idea to end up frontpage from creating vti_cnf folder?
    xzworks.blogspot.com

Member #
    wha..i don't read the whole thread.sorry for the confusion..
    xzworks.blogspot.com

Member #
    Hmm, those were okay.. You just need to focus on the color combination... Maybe you can research on the right color combinations....

Remove Ads