Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: codeblue v2

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I know I know... codeblue v1 has only been up for a month. But what can I say? The quest for perfection is never ending.

Anyways, last night I was listening to Rammstiens "America" song over and over again, I fired up Photoshop, I clicked here and there and this popped up.

The purpose here has to be different, as was the purpose of the previous codeblue design.

Link: www.codebluestudios.com/codeblue2.html

Please comment! Please! The time to comment is now, as I can't make fundamentel design changes after I've done the XHTML and CSS and have sliced up the images without screwing up alot of work. So please, comment now!

PS:
    You may be wondering why I didn't just post a link to the image, well, the positioning of the image on the page is important so I made a simple HTML document to position it.
    -GeZe

Member #
    That's some pretty fancy work you've got going on there!!!

A few points to consider
    • Where'se the content going to go on 800 x 600 pixel resolution?
    • The 'Work', 'About' and 'Contact' links are a little too pale on my monitor, perhaps a lighter colour could create more of a contrast?
    • Your 'leaves' seem to end very bluntly? Any chance you could end them with a point rather than a 'bowly' end as I feel it could look better.
    • I think a font size increase on your little bit of text, would go down a treat.
    • I'm not too convinced on your positioning, but it may work on me.

HTH, Rob
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    quite a loadtastic...40 secs.dial up..44.00kbps
    xzworks.blogspot.com

Member #
    Nice work. I think you should pursure a career in graphic design

I agree with justlivyalife. The leaves do end bluntly and it reminds me of one of those poosh balls or w/e. Did you use any tutorials to help you with that image?? If so, could you tell me where to find them??
    --Kevin
    15" MacBook Pro With: Mac OSX 10.4.11(Tiger) 1440x900 Windows XP SP2 3GB RAM 1TB HDD
    kevind_2007--"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way."--Babe Ruth

Links:Firefox Download||Google|| HTML Help||DHTML|| Web Design Terminology||Good-Tutorials

Member #
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    I'll fix the blunt edges and the navagation.
    Haha, I'm a CSS, XHTML guy (look at the current codeblue), I'm working on improving my Graphic and Javascript skills at the moment.
    No, I didn't use any tutorials. I was just screwing around in photoshop. I used the smudge tool alot, if that helps?
    -GeZe

Member #
    okay, uploaded new file with fixed blunt edges.
    -GeZe

Member #
    Ya there is still atleast like 5-8 ones still blunt. Looks good but it would be better if you made them pointlike the others

Member #
    i liked the first link but this looks just as good...it should look more creative then boxy...

I'm not here for you, I'm here to raise your discomfort

Remove Ads