Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

this site's for a Porsche dealership here in Chicago. it's been a long time in the works since a lot of the features they wanted, i didn't know how to do yet, but i worked it all out. it even ended up being redesigned visually twice, but thankfully that was after all the backend and programming was completed.

thank god for CSS.

anyway check it out and let me know what you think. it kinda sucks because most of the work on the site was on a complex CMS system to allow them to maintain their inventory as well as manage cars from an older database written in ASP, so i can't really showcase that here even that was what i'd really want to show, but the myGarage section is a fairly robust PHP/MySQL application, and aside from that i'm pretty proud of the visual design.

the layout is also 90-100% CSS. i think i only used tables for the main site CMS and myGarage CMS, but as far as the main site is concerned that most people will see, it's all CSS. i dunno, i just like trying to challenge myself making CSS layouts.

all that's left is to clean up some of the code to make it XHTML compliant, but most of that is adding ID tags for some elements, and nothing that will really affect the site's layout/presentation any. it's been tested thoroughly in FIrefox and IE, and it looks fine in both.

anyway, check it out and let me know what you think.

thanks!
    Dennis

Member #
    Liked
    141 times
    A link would be nice
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #

Member #
    nice but slightly cramped

It also feels to me lacking color variation or diffrent tones of the grey.

Nice job

Member #
    nice site, fast load, a lot of information crammed in but it looks good. codings mixed tables with css, makes a good combination hybred, i like it it shows good quality pictures of the cars on sale...really good job on it

I'm not here for you, I'm here to raise your discomfort

Remove Ads