Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi
    im new here! im trying to soak up knowledge and tips before i start designing for other people (im sure i have a ways to go but im getting there)
    Ive designed a couple of others recently which i dont have online just yet but please check out my site and tell me what you think.
    http://www.muslimasoasis.com/
    im just harnessing css and html 4.01
    I write my code from scratch (except the javascripts because i dont know javascrpt) i dont use a wysiwyg editor because i hate them! they in my experiance seem to make messy code which i then have to wade through!
    anyhow perhaps i use the wrong one.
    Either way i prefer to write it up because then i know what is where and why! (i do use an editor to make it quicker eg. click a button and it inserts desired tag)
    anyhow looking forward to what you all think!
    thanks in advance!

Member #
    noone?

Member #
    Well, I think the top part could use some anti-aliasing. It's all really jagged around the edges. On the front page you have some text centered and some text left-aligned. It would clean it up a lot if you made it all left-aligned I think. When it's centered it looks like a vain attempt at drawing attention.
    I like the colors and the repeating backgroud element behind the maing content.
    On the faq page, you may want to use a new class on the <a> tag that tells it not to do the underline and overline thing because it looks funny on the mouseover. Know what I mean?

Member #
    thanks heaps eddy those critiques have really helped!
    Im working on the heading image (just downloaded GIMP and still getting used to it) and ill remember to antialias it.
    Ill fix the underline overline thing, im thinking of taking the overline off all together because i think its a little tacky, i wasnt sure though but i think i will.
    I really appreciate your help thanks a lot!
    Oh and the aligning, ill fix that too; thanks again!

Remove Ads