Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help!!

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am a complete novice about web design. I do know basic html, like how make bold font and line breaks and page breaks...yada yada..

I am considering learning web design and I was recommended a program called Dreamweaver.

I would like to know your thoughts on the program and if a comp0lete novice can learn it or use it fairly easily.

Also, what other software would I need to design grapics?

Any help would be appreciated!
    :cheeky:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The best software for designing graphics, IMHO and the opinion of many others on here, is PhotoShop. Photoshop, particularly 7, does an excellent job at allowing a graphical idiot like myself turn out things that actually look semi-impressive without a lot of effort or thought. The later versions of PhotoShop also come with a product called ImageReady, which allow you to "slice" your Photoshop image up into smaller pieces, and will even generate the code for a website for you based on those pieces.

As far as Dreamweaver, I personally tried it once for about half an hour and hated it. Ever since, I've used a text editor called HomeSite 5. I prefer it since it colour-codes the HTML tags and things of that nature and will autocomplete tags so that you don't have to remember to. This saves me a great deal of time.

Hope this helps.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

JR
    Member #
    dreamweaver is my second favourite computer program (behind photoshop), it is a very good prog that you don't even need to know any HTML to use (not a good idea though :classic: )

Ever since, I've used a text editor called HomeSite 5. I prefer it since it colour-codes the HTML tags and things of that nature and will autocomplete tags so that you don't have to remember to. This saves me a great deal of time.
    dreamweaver does that too
    JR

Member #
    Well then I think you guys have helped me make up my mind as to which products to use! Thanks so much for all your responses.

Susan Davis
    Founder
    Higher Times

JR
    Member #
    what products have you decided to use?
    JR

Member #
    I like dreamweaver, i think its a great program. I also use Fireworks and Photoshop 7, although i really like to use fireworks most of the time.
    -Taylor Fate

Member #
    I have decided to go with Dreamweaver and Photoshop. Quark was the only other program that was heavily recommended but it is way too expensive.

JR
    Member #
    good choice,

dreamweaver + photoshop = very cool website
    JR

Member #
    Thanks for your help!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Quark is not for website design, anyway. It's for print design.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads