Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Yet another site I'd like everbody's comments and feedback on...

It's a fairly basic site, but I just like to get your thoughts :classic:

I know about the left positioning, which will change eventually (the site will be going through another update withing the next six months).

Member #
    Not bad, I like fixed height designs. Here are a few suggestions:

1. I'm not a fan of the white bg you have under the main text. It's light, but it's a little distracting.

2. The navigation you have is simple, except for your communications tab. I see that there are two subsections under it, but as you move your mouse down the nav, the comm button doesn't have a roll over for itself. Consider making a home page for Comm and making the Comm button go to that.

3. Maybe it's just me, but the Analysis | Research | Communication line in your banner looked like 3 links to me, until I clicked on them and learned otherwise. But that could be cause I'm dumb

Member #
    Spluf...

1. Get over it (actually, in the next design, the white still stays, but the body bg will change to a diferent colour, so that there isn't so much white)

2. The Communications tab was designed that way - the two links below it are the communications section, and it doesn't really have it's own page. The client wanted it and liked it that way, so they're happy :classic:

3. Yes, you're dumb (LOL... kiddin', of course). Those change colour to match the colours on the menu... again, something the client desired. The same holds true for the "swoosh" behind the company name.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    IT's not a bad start, overall, and it is a mostly clean layout, but a few things:
    1. I was somewhat misled by the "communication" graphic not being a menu item and didn't realize that it had an onMouseOver effect until I put my mouse over the button underneath it. You may want to either make "Communication" its own page, or split the menu below it into 3 items: PR, Business Services, and ESL Services.
    2. I'm not a big advocate of fixed-width designs because they either leave too much white space on a page (unless they're centered) or they're too big for some resolutions. You may want to go liquid.
    3. I have a hard time reading the text overtop of what looks like a building. Maybe you could lighten the building colour some more.

Good start though!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Quick theGAME, click on the link before the mouseover colour disappears

Obviously it appears that is a stickling point with some of you... duly noted, and I'll change it in the next version of this site. It seemed clear at the time, but I can see your point about it now.

Didn't go liquid with this one due to the small amount of content at this time. Will consider it for the next version.

That ain't no building - it's actually a circuit board. Put your head closer to the screen, then you'll be able to read it better ( kiddin', of course).

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    lol... hate to do this, but...

1. I hate the Communication button. Nevertheless, if your client likes it, keep it. The best design is the one your client is happy with.

2. Split BCS and ESL. They're two different thoughts, and together, they make the page too long (breaking the consistency of the fixed height site).

3. What's with all the colors in the nav? It hurts my eyes.

4. if you're gonna keep the BG image, lessen the contrast. Towards the right side of the page, the content is difficult to read.

Member #
    Fisrt seen i thought the words "analysis | research | communication" are the nav too but it's unclickable.
    I dont like the way you put your communication button in the page,it looks not so good.
    The mouse over color of the "public relation" and business..." too light.make it draker so people can see when mouse over on it.
    Vu Tuan Phong
    iPhongDesign

http://iphong.com
    http://adstudio1.com

Remove Ads