Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

It's still kinda in development and subject to change but I want to know what you guys think. All the links link back to the same page.

New design:
    http://www.skrlin.com/Testing/new/site/

Current Design:
    http://www.skrlin.com/
    - Brian

Member #
    I tried a tabled layout with a border here:
    http://skrlin.com/Testing/new/site/prac.php

The only problem is there is a small white border where there would be scrollbars when the links are clicked. The border goes away after the page is refreshed. I don't think it has anything to do with the scrollbars as the content doesn't exceed the screen size. I'm not sure why this would happen... Any suggestions / comments ?
    - Brian

Member #
    Hi,

I agree with the above comments. I also feel that you sould get rid of the banner at the top altogether and search for a nice free stock photograph that relates to hardware. The you should have that image on the top right hand corner and place your site name next to it. On the left side of the top portion you could list out your services. This could serve to balance the top portion and also would be the first text a search engine spider would encounter when indexing your page.

You have placed your menu links both at the left side of the page and also in a frame at the bottom. Do you think it is nessesary in two places. The bottom portion could have just a HOME and CONTACT links and also provide a copyright notice or perhaps a webmaster email address etc.

The text in the middle of the page could be Verdana (Point 2) and should be centered. That would give the page a sense of fullness at the same time it would preserve your white space.
    Just my two bits.

Jeff

Member #
    Duely noted, thanks LDW.
    - Brian

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hmm.. interesting.

Your old site seems to... well, not load in mozilla[1.0] (what I use to surf) where the new one has some serious issues. It's like there's this giant grey matter that takes up 50% of the left hand side of the screen... I'm not a big fan of the banner... The naviagation looks okay, gets what needs to be done.

I'm glad to see you're keeping it consistent tho - site (will be) easy to navigate and identify major characterists the way it's setup.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads