Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

After going through a divorce and hearing about deadbeat dads in my state (for the record i have custody of my children) I wanted to create this site as a support/resource. Its my also my first CMS site so I would like your thoughts. I used wordpress for the CMS. I'm still working on the site but would like some feedback on what i have so far.

http://ericsoft.org/cms/

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Server not found...

Member #
    Sorry about that, I requested to remove my old domain (ericsoft.org) at the end of my year which would of been the end of january but they disconnected it today.

The new link will be http://www.indydads.com

Again sorry about that.

Member #
    'Tis okay.

I like the overall layout. Not big on the centered text though. Maybe try it justified and see how it looks.

On the yellow search box you'll want to make it one pixel or so shorter because it doesn't line up right with the bottom of the navigation bar. I'm using FF1.5, by the way. Don't forget the margins, padding, and borders add to an elements overall height.

The text fields on your content page don't line up nicely either. For the first three you could always use a table to get nice positioning of the labels and inputs. The subject input field and the content textarea both touch the side of their container. I would narrow them down a bit.

Is there anything you can do about the forum? It doesn't match the rest of the site and it causes horizontal scrolling.

Member #
    It's OK.

The pictures and the navigation need to be smaller. Otherwise, it's good!
    I have seen your future, and I have learned
    There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.
    I HAVE WON!!!!

Member #
    I like the color scheme unique, but appealing. Maybe add some more content and justify the current text as mentioned by eddy. Also consider cleaning up the verbage (IE, possible not to get screwed in court.). Your site might be more credible if you don't sound as flippant in your offerings for a solution(s).

Member #
    That is great advice from all of you and I appreciate all the comments. I will be making more changes as time goes along. Thank you so much for the help.

Member #
    I'd like to suggest you to make top graphic banner shorter. It takes a lot of space.

otherwise looks cool.

Remove Ads