Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: XXX

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

XXX

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by igeek
    dont mind the poll.. i tried to delete but there seems to be now way to delete it..
    Neither can I. How's that for irony? Well it's nothing because I suck and I forgot to add the link for it. Touche, I zinged myself.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Wow. You can't from the normal front-end. You have to do it in the admin CP, and even then, you need to know the thread ID. How lame is that. Now to rate your site and make useful posts.

It's actuall hard to rate. Most of the criteria don't apply as it's a static image; really, only Visual Appeal applies.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    It's a bit compact. It also exudes 2 AM infomercial feel (buy my miracle product for $249).

Member #
    These all graphic layouts tend to suffer from special effect-itus when they should go for readability. I suggest bumping up the type size in the middle section, and make the bottom section text one color, left justified. Shouldn't "agencys" be agencies and "your looking for" be you're?

The site is not geared toward new customers. It does make some mention of problems Howard solves, but does not in any way put forth a business proposition. Like most Photoshop centric efforts, text (read informative content) is the enemy. This will present problems come SEO time.

In contrast, check out how the Proactive Solution site uses both text and bold visuals to develop a credible value proposition. Claims are immediately backed up, text is used to communicate just enough information to make you want to read on.

Too many sites over-estimate the power of curiosity. If you didn't give me information on the front page I -- as most users have learned -- won't expect information futher in. The idea "content is king" may be a big joke on the internet ....but content isn't a criminal in need of being locked away, either.

Remove Ads