Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello everybody, I just surfed by this great site for web designs.
    I have made a site for my sister-in-law (www.ncrreflex.nl). As I am a graphical designer (hobby not for living) I use Dreamweaver because I can (try) to get the lay-out the way I want. I do know a little bit of how to change code, but I can't do it totally in notepad. I know many of you don't like Iframes, but I didn't know how to get to where Ive got'now. The only thing I can't get rid off, is the horizontal scroll barr... I 'didn't use tables at the "welkom" page, but the text is not properly cut off.
    Thanks if you can give me suggestions on how to improve my site...
    Letty :-/

Member #
    I don't have a horizontal scrollbar. The text is definitely cut off though. Don't know too much about iframes, so I probably won't be too much help. Other than that, are you looking for a review/critique?

Try posting in the "Starting Out" or "Coding It" forums if you need help troubleshooting.
    Shani

I have an eye for detail like you'd never believe.

Member #
    Well, I am asking for a review, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. This is the way I want the site to look, what do you think of it?
    I think I will post a message in the other forum too. Thanks for the tip!
    Letty

Member #
    I see the horizontal scroll bar, i think i have the solution to your problem.

Since you are using dreamweaver, you can do the following.

go to the page that has your content on it, and "right-click" on the page and select "page properties". You'll notice on the bottom of the page properties window that comes up there are 4 insert boxes for the various margins.

Set all the margins to "0" and then save the document again.

This should resolve your problem.

Now some pointers on the site, it's not too bad if you're just starting out, like you mentioned before hand that not many people like to use iframes, and the reason for this is that not many search engines can search the text in it. so if anything, i would consider removing the iframe, and perhaps reducing the size of your font down to an arial 11px, which is still very readable.

Perhaps reduce the size of your website traffic button to a 1px by 1px and put it in a place that isn't so obvious.

but other than that, not too bad if you're just starting out, although keep practicing and think about introducing some images or more colors.
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Member #
    Thanks for your comment, as i did what you said, a few things came up:
    - in IE the scrollbar keeps being in sight, in Firefox it is ok, but the upper menu isn't right there... I tried almost everything I could think of, but in IE it is not good. Also some people complained they didn't have any scrollbar, so they couldn't read the whole tekst.
    - i tried everyting with the statistics image, but i cannot make it smaller in any way. I think that Webstats4u has blocked it or something, in DW it is 1x1 pix, but on the internet it is the same as before....
    so visionally almost nothing has changed??
    Thanks for your review anyway!

Member #
    hi there

I've bene looking at your code again, and regarding the image, u can fix it.

The image URL path is on your server, so it's a case of simply getting the image and changing it.

http://www.ncrreflex.nl/images/nedstat.gif is the path of where the image is, just download it, edit in in a graphics package and make the size 1x1 and then reput it up there.

That should work.

Is the text that you are showing in the iframe in tables?

If so that could be the possible problem of the horizontal scroll bar.
    Tip #44: never pee into the wind...
    www.jenerate.com

Remove Ads